Thankyou for joining me today, I have been a Stampin' Up! Demonstrator, since 2008. My blog will show you how to make cards and projects using Stampin' Up!'s fabulous products. And occasionally random extra stuff (that's the way I roll 🤣) Please do sign up to receive my emails, so you get my latest info.
Sign up for my emails
Something Saturday - September 26 Paper Pumpkin Alternatives
Hi There Creators,
Yep it's that time of the month, Paper Pumpkin Time 💖🎉(pumpkin emoji's aren't that great) Click the link to find out all about paper pumpkin.
My Challenge to myself each time it comes is to create the actual cards, In this case 2, then with the rest of the kit see what else I can create, by not adding too many more products, in this particular instance I used Wink of Stella (gotta have extra bling), green ink pad initially I used Peaceful Pine then realised that actually Mossy Meadow is the right colour!, also blending brushes to go with the Early Espresso that comes with the kit and my green colour, plus some extra glues and thick white cardstock for card bases.
First up the "official" 2 cards (of which if you just make these up there's 5 of each)
I don't really like to overcomplicate the cards, so clockwise the first card just has the leaves stamped around the image, then coloured in with Wink of Stella. Second card, has the trees masked off first to add green to the frame, then the frame masked to add brown to the trees. One of the brown banners is halved, as is the circle, and wink of stella'd in various places. Next up (bottom right) I've taken one of the tree frames and cut the trees out, added them to the "middle" of the card then added the trees frame over top, and then the saying at the bottom. Last card in this photo, I've just cut the tree frame and added the trees individually over top, with the other 1/2 of the circle for the saying and the other 1/2 of the brown banner.
Next photo (again clockwise) like before I've masked the inside trees of the frame to create the green outside, and vice versa to add brown to the trees. Also I cut one of the main cards up so I could use the pine trees and yellow trees separately, so the yellow trees are up on dimensionals on this card (more obvious in the flesh as it were) next card, I cut one of the frames down to just the trees (kept the side piece, cut the ends on an angle, scrunched it up and brushed green onto it) the extra trees got stuck down to the base card, and the next frame added over top (on Foam Adhesive strips) then the green scrunched bit added over the right side of the frame, I've dipped the other side of the frame (trees side) into my ink pad just to even out the colour difference and added the saying over top of the trees. Bottom right I've turned over one of the trees frames, dragged the brown ink pad over it (that came with the kit) then stamped the saying on one of the pieces that get punched out, popped it back in place, and obviously stamped and "stella'd" the main card base. Last card I cut the card up and used the back of the card, with the ink pad pressed onto it multiple times for the "mat" then cut up the main image into sections, and fussy cut a couple of the leaves for the corners.
Then lastly the 4 somewhat more random cards🤣, The first one is made using the negative of the punched out circles, oh and I made up a bow using some of the cardstock that was between the punched out banners, hence the white and brown stripes. Next very random looking card uses the trees frame (before you use them on one of the other cards!) as a mask to create the background, I actually think it's kind of cool! (but maybe that's just me) also added Stella, although you can't really see it in the photo) Bottom right has green brushed onto the base card first, just in the middle so it shows nicely behind the pine trees. then uses the pine trees cut from one of the base cards, and layered up so they sit nicely, then a couple of strips of cardstock coloured with the brown ink and softened by curling it to create what looks like ribbon. And last but not least..... I've used the negative piece from the long saying tags as a mask to create the stripey background, then stamped the leaves, cut forks in the end of one of those long saying pieces, and an extra fork in the end of the brown banner, with the saying on top.
And that's it! If you don't already subscribe to Paper Pumpkin, why not give it a whirl?, there's so much you can create with these kits and you do end up with a variety of mini ink pads and different stamp sets in each kit, to build up your basic collection of colours. Check out the info on Paper Pumpkin (click on the link)
No comments:
Post a Comment