Something Saturday - Citrus Blooms

Image
 Hi There Creators Today I thought it would be fun to try out a technique I haven't done in ages - Paper Tole, using the new Citrus Blooms stamp set and dies.  Every so often I come across a stamp set that inspires me to do a spot of Paper Tole'ing, and this one has lots of dimension to it perfect for this technique. To those of you who are saying "Paper Tole-what-ing?"  Paper Tole is a way of taking a picture and literally adding dimension by having several images of the same picture a and cutting out the various parts of it and laying them up, so the picture literally builds up and gives a 3D type image. I thought it would make a beautiful framed piece (and a nice gift for a friend) - let me know what you think.... I did team it up with the fabulous sayings from Unbounded Love Stamp set (the dies that go with this stamp set are a must have!)   Then to create shiny bits I've added some of the fine tip glue pen which dries shiny clear😍 I also said in the video I&

Something Saturday - Embossed Acetate

Hi there Creators

At our recent Creative Connections (demo only event) Bec Scurr (one of my sister demos from Queensland) did a talk on using embossing folders and created a gorgeous card using an acetate window.  I thought I should have a go and show you too.

So here are the cards I created:

This is the card I created before the video cutting out of the Cute Zoo Crew Designer Paper for the little guy with his bongo drums, Check out all the products I've used here: What Heather Used I've used my Black Stazon to rub over the window sheeting so the design pops out (and the sentiments are stamped inside the card deliberately to show through the window.

Stampin' Up!, Merry Melody Embossed acetate window card

This is the one I made up in the video, made in the same way, but this time using the new Stars at Night hybrid (embossing folder & dies), some of the gorgeous new Winter Meadow Designer Paper, one of the new Faceted Gems in the middle of the star, and a saying from (again new) Night Devine Stamp set, oh and not forgetting the Deckled Rectangle Dies!  To see what I used, click here: What Heather Used

Stampin' Up!, Stars at Night Embossed acetate window card

And the inside of the card, as an improvement on my video, I recommend after cutting the hole for the front of the card that you stamp the saying through the hole, that way it's in the right place! (hindsight's a wonderful thing!)

Stampin' Up!, Stars at Night Embossed acetate window card

Check out the video here to see how I create this card:




I hope this inspires you to have a go

God Bless love

Heather xox

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fancy Fold Arrow Card with Video

Celebration of Tags

Share it Sunday Blog Hop