Something Saturday - Citrus Blooms

Image
 Hi There Creators Today I thought it would be fun to try out a technique I haven't done in ages - Paper Tole, using the new Citrus Blooms stamp set and dies.  Every so often I come across a stamp set that inspires me to do a spot of Paper Tole'ing, and this one has lots of dimension to it perfect for this technique. To those of you who are saying "Paper Tole-what-ing?"  Paper Tole is a way of taking a picture and literally adding dimension by having several images of the same picture a and cutting out the various parts of it and laying them up, so the picture literally builds up and gives a 3D type image. I thought it would make a beautiful framed piece (and a nice gift for a friend) - let me know what you think.... I did team it up with the fabulous sayings from Unbounded Love Stamp set (the dies that go with this stamp set are a must have!)   Then to create shiny bits I've added some of the fine tip glue pen which dries shiny clear😍 I also said in the video I&

Something Saturday - Scalloped Gift Card Box

 Hi There Creators

Well I have to say this box stumped me initially, (probably because I didn't read the name right) - it's all in the name "Gift Card", so I was wondering what the heck the insert bit was for 🤣   Now I know!  check them out here: Scalloped Gift Card Box

Anyway in my video today I decorate it up for a Father's Day gift (shhh don't tell Tom)  I'm pretty sure I'm safe as Father's day is tomorrow and he's unlikely to watch my video or read my blog 🤣 (now just to make sure he doesn't look over my shoulder as I type this up.....)

So this is a really cute little box, obviously designed to hold a gift card, it slips into the insert nicely (who'd have thought?!)  with just a few pieces of cut Designer paper and a stamp or two you can make it look really good.  As you can see I had to add a bit of bling, so I chose the More Dazzle specialty paper to go as the top base layer.  Then the Designer paper I chose is the Let's Go Fishing that I thought Tom would appreciate, (he does enjoy a spot of fishing every so often)  (check them out with the links)

Stampin' Up!, Scalloped Gift Card box, Let's Go Fishing DSP
Stampin' Up!, Scalloped Gift Card box, Let's Go Fishing DSP
And on the inside I thought I'd better add his "other love" Motorbikes, so these are from the Legendary Ride Stamp set
Stampin' Up!, Scalloped Gift Card box, Let's Go Fishing DSP

I did mention in the video that I would pop the layer measurements down here for you, so here goes.....

Bottom Layer

  • Top and bottom of box: 4" x 2 3/4"
  • Long Sides: 4" x 7/8"
  • Short Sides 2 3/4" x 7/8"

Top Layer

  • Top & Bottom of box: 3 3/4" x 2 1/2"
  • Long Side: 3 3/4" x 5/8"
  • Short Side 2 1/2" x 5/8"

It does say with the box that the scallop can be tucked in if you want to, although I didn't find it wanted to tuck in well, having said that I'd rather just wrap a bit of ribbon round it and tie it up, which is what I'll do.  I reckon for $1.23 per box it's a rather nice way to display a gift card and make it a bit more special than just an envelope (and you get 10 in the box, ideal for Birthdays and Christmas 😉)

If you missed the video here it is:


I hope this inspires you to do something special with your gift cards.

God Bless love

Heather xox

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fancy Fold Arrow Card with Video

Celebration of Tags

Share it Sunday Blog Hop