Something Saturday - Citrus Blooms

Image
 Hi There Creators Today I thought it would be fun to try out a technique I haven't done in ages - Paper Tole, using the new Citrus Blooms stamp set and dies.  Every so often I come across a stamp set that inspires me to do a spot of Paper Tole'ing, and this one has lots of dimension to it perfect for this technique. To those of you who are saying "Paper Tole-what-ing?"  Paper Tole is a way of taking a picture and literally adding dimension by having several images of the same picture a and cutting out the various parts of it and laying them up, so the picture literally builds up and gives a 3D type image. I thought it would make a beautiful framed piece (and a nice gift for a friend) - let me know what you think.... I did team it up with the fabulous sayings from Unbounded Love Stamp set (the dies that go with this stamp set are a must have!)   Then to create shiny bits I've added some of the fine tip glue pen which dries shiny clear😍 I also said in the video I&

Something Saturday - Colouring in your stamps a different way

 Hi there Creators, 

Today I'm showing you how to use daubers to colour in your block image stamps, you can get the prettiest combinations of colour onto one stamp this way.

I've used the Boughs & Blossoms Bundle (157712, $59.25)  (from the new Mini Catalogue) made up of the Bough Punch (157711, $31) and the Boughs & Blossoms Stamp set ($35, 157703)  I'd already decided I had to have the punch, and as it turns out we're using it in the Mega class on 29th January.  But when I see bundles I usually have to get both sections of it!  However the punch doesn't actually cut any of the stamped images out.

Anyway on to photos.....

this is the first card I had made up already to show, I've used my Brights colours on this, Daffodil Delight, Mango Melody and Poppy Parade for the flowers, then Granny Apple Green and Garden Green for the leaves (admittedly Garden Green isn't in the Brights colour range but it goes well!)

 
Then in the video I made up this card, using some more of the Brights colour range: Coastal Cabana, Bermuda Bay and Pacific Point for the flowers then the same combination for leaves, I'm not sure the photos give them as much justice.  The colours are so vibrant in the flesh!
Boughs & Blossoms, Stampin' Up!, Being CreateAble with Heathe
 
Then because I'd done a "Blue Peter" and stamped and cut out the flowers earlier for the main card I also stamped the flower on this one during the video, then made it up into the tag afterwards

Boughs & Blossoms, Stampin' Up!, Being CreateAble with Heathe
So, how do you do this?  it's actually really simple, you do need block image stamps, like these, then you ink up daubers (I always start with the lightest colour first) and daub the colour directly onto the stamp, when you get to the end of colouring your stamp in, chances are the colour will have dried off in patches, so to make it "inky" again, just huff on it, this will re-moisturize the colour and stamp!   I love using this technique and the colour really is so vibrant.  In fact so much so, that I've just realised there's no bling.... 🤣  Might have to go and add some.....

I hope this inspires you to have a go too!

God Bless love

Heather xox

Click here for products:  What Heather used

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fancy Fold Arrow Card with Video

Celebration of Tags

Share it Sunday Blog Hop