Something Saturday - Citrus Blooms

Image
 Hi There Creators Today I thought it would be fun to try out a technique I haven't done in ages - Paper Tole, using the new Citrus Blooms stamp set and dies.  Every so often I come across a stamp set that inspires me to do a spot of Paper Tole'ing, and this one has lots of dimension to it perfect for this technique. To those of you who are saying "Paper Tole-what-ing?"  Paper Tole is a way of taking a picture and literally adding dimension by having several images of the same picture a and cutting out the various parts of it and laying them up, so the picture literally builds up and gives a 3D type image. I thought it would make a beautiful framed piece (and a nice gift for a friend) - let me know what you think.... I did team it up with the fabulous sayings from Unbounded Love Stamp set (the dies that go with this stamp set are a must have!)   Then to create shiny bits I've added some of the fine tip glue pen which dries shiny clear😍 I also said in the video I&

January Mega Class

 Hi there Creators, 

this post is a combined "Something Saturday" and Mega Class info.

It's that time of year again, when I do one of my mega classes😃

Details are:  
  • Either by mail, or in person at Laanecoorie Town Hall,  
  • Saturday 29th January from 10.30am till 3pm,  
  • We'll be making 12 cards, and included in the cost are brand new products: 2 stamp sets, 1 punch, 1 set of stencils, 1/2 pack of bling, 1/4 reel of ribbon and more (and lunch).  Cost $130 for In Person, $120 for "by mail"  
  • I do need to have your place booked and paid for by 11th January, so I can order the products, and make sure it's all arrived in time and prepped ready for each one of you. 
You will need to bring:
  • Glues (I will provide a sheet of Dimensionals for each person)
  • scissors (for intricate cutting)
  • Pin tool or tweezers (if you like to use them)
  • A Clear Block, "D" size is the best size, and will fit all the stamps
Also if you have them please bring:
  • Aqua Painter
  • Basic Gray or Black Stazon Ink pad
  • Stampin' Pad (firm spongy pad you put under your work when using photopolymer stamps)
  • A Stampin' Cleaner.
I will have spares of things, but do let me know what you'll need!  If you are doing this "by Mail" you'll also need some ink colours (I've used Flirty Flamingo, Bumblebee, Pear Pizzazz, Balmy Blue, Highland Heather, Crumb Cake & Smoky Slate, but they can be interchanged for other colours)
 
 Anyway on to the photos, there are a couple of "special cards" in the group, and not all of them made it into this photo, but it's a pretty good representation of the cards.
On to Something Saturday, and one of the cards that didn't make it into the above photo!
It's called a clear envelope shaker card.
 It uses (funnily enough) clear medium envelopes, which you can buy as a pack of 50 for only $10.50! (should keep you going for a while lol)
you'll also need a base card, but cut so it's A4 in 1/2 lengthways then folded at 14.8cm, and trimmed down to 14cm. A piece of window sheeting 14cm x 11cm.  You'll need something to decorate the base card, some shaker'y  bits and I've punched out some small dragonflies as it fits with my theme.
 
Decorate the front of your base card I used the new Butterflies & Flowers layering decorative masks (so pretty!), NB: make sure your card is upside down - might seem weird but, really important!
If you plan to add punched shapes to the front of your card, attach them to the window sheeting then slide this inside the clear envelope.
Add your shaker'y bits (in my case I used some old dazzling diamonds glitter and new frosted bead assortment)  I love the way the glitter coats the beads and makes them look pearly.
then seal it NB not with the envelope seal!  Just use some clear plastic cellotape to make sure the glitter and beads won't come out.
Now use the envelope seal inside the top of your base card, then seal the whole of the base card together (see the video) this becomes the back of your card, and the clear envelope stiffened with the window sheeting is the front of your card.
 
Here's the video for you to check out:

 Don't forget if you're interested in the class either in person or by mail. Book your place before 11th January!
 
I hope this inspires you to create
God Bless love
Heather.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fancy Fold Arrow Card with Video

Celebration of Tags

Share it Sunday Blog Hop