Something Saturday - Citrus Blooms

Image
 Hi There Creators Today I thought it would be fun to try out a technique I haven't done in ages - Paper Tole, using the new Citrus Blooms stamp set and dies.  Every so often I come across a stamp set that inspires me to do a spot of Paper Tole'ing, and this one has lots of dimension to it perfect for this technique. To those of you who are saying "Paper Tole-what-ing?"  Paper Tole is a way of taking a picture and literally adding dimension by having several images of the same picture a and cutting out the various parts of it and laying them up, so the picture literally builds up and gives a 3D type image. I thought it would make a beautiful framed piece (and a nice gift for a friend) - let me know what you think.... I did team it up with the fabulous sayings from Unbounded Love Stamp set (the dies that go with this stamp set are a must have!)   Then to create shiny bits I've added some of the fine tip glue pen which dries shiny clear😍 I also said in the video I&

Something Saturday - One Sheet Wonder

 Hi there Creators,

Well today I was showing how to make a One Sheet Wonder (for those uninitiated) it's where you stamp up a sheet of paper or take a piece of Designer Paper, cut it several ways and make a heap of cards up from it.

I've used an A4 Sheet of paper and stamped the gorgeous new Flowing Flowers 157880 $44, using my 2021-2023 In Colour Stampin' Write Markers. (you can get all 5 of them for $26.25)

Anyway onto the photos.....

Here are the first set of cards I made before the video I've used some of the Brights colours with a white background for these ones:

 In the video I mention that I plan to dress up the cards a bit more, I've used the cute Brushed Brass Butterflies 158136 $ 17.50 for these cards:
Flowing Flowers, Stampin' Up!, One Sheet Wonder
 
The cards I made in the video have use the In Colours on a Vanilla Background:
 
Flowing Flowers, Stampin' Up!, One Sheet Wonder
And I've used the 2021 - 2023 In Colour Jewels (they're so pretty) and of course go beautifully with the ink colours!
Flowing Flowers, Stampin' Up!, One Sheet Wonder

Instructions.....

  • First up take your piece of A4 White or Vanilla card, and stamp it up, I go with stamping the largest stamp randomly first, then moving down to the smallest stamp (make sure you leave room for the different stamps, but working this way, you should be able to fill in the small gaps with the smallest stamps) 
Stampin' Up!, Flowing Flowers, One Sheet Wonder

 
  • Once you're happy with the way the whole sheet looks you can start cutting, here is my (rough) cutting guide for A4 sheet:   Cut the whole sheet in1/2 so you have 2 A5 sheets, fold one of these in 1/2 to make one card, then cut the other sheet, as shown:
    One Sheet Wonder

  •  then you can decide on colours to go under each piece, I used a 2.5cm piece under all the 2cm strips, then found some random scraps for the other 2 cards
  • The first card has the 3 strips mounted on coloured card strips and attached to the card, with a saying at the bottom
  • 2nd card has the 2 strips, again mounted onto coloured card, and attached in a cross shape to your card.
  • Cards 3 & 4 just use the stamped piece as the focal point of each card.
  • Card 5 is stamped on both the front and the back, just for something different!, but if you didn't want that, you could use the A5 sheet to make 4 more cards like the first 4 or just cut it in 1/2 and stick on the front of a card!

 As you can see really quite simple 😊

To see what I used click here:  What Heather Used

I hope this inspires you to have a go too, you could use Designer Paper to create the same cards, if you didn't want to stamp.

God Bless love 

Heather xox

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fancy Fold Arrow Card with Video

Celebration of Tags

Share it Sunday Blog Hop