Something Saturday - Citrus Blooms

Image
 Hi There Creators Today I thought it would be fun to try out a technique I haven't done in ages - Paper Tole, using the new Citrus Blooms stamp set and dies.  Every so often I come across a stamp set that inspires me to do a spot of Paper Tole'ing, and this one has lots of dimension to it perfect for this technique. To those of you who are saying "Paper Tole-what-ing?"  Paper Tole is a way of taking a picture and literally adding dimension by having several images of the same picture a and cutting out the various parts of it and laying them up, so the picture literally builds up and gives a 3D type image. I thought it would make a beautiful framed piece (and a nice gift for a friend) - let me know what you think.... I did team it up with the fabulous sayings from Unbounded Love Stamp set (the dies that go with this stamp set are a must have!)   Then to create shiny bits I've added some of the fine tip glue pen which dries shiny clear😍 I also said in the video I&

Something Saturday - Let's get Masking

Hi there Creators,

This Something Saturday I couldn't resist using the fabulous Butterflies & Flowers Layering Decorative Masks (158142 $17.50).  I've been using them a heap as I've been prepping for my Mega Class on 29th January.  They're so cool!! Lol

Anyway this time I figured I'd show how to make a single layer card, I think I used all but one of the masks.

Here is the initial card I had made up before the video I'd used the Regals colour palette for this card: Real Red for the butterfly, Rich Razzleberry and Blackberry Bliss for the central flowers, Cherry Cobbler for the single flower, and Shaded Spruce for the leaves,  Oh and Crushed Curry on the background

 

Butterflies & Flowers Layering Decorative Masks, Stampin' Up!

Then this card I made in the video using Brights colours palette, (and a sneaky subtle...)

I've used Flirty Flamingo for the butterfly, Bermuda Bay and Pacific Point for the central flowers, Mango Melody for the single flower, with Granny Apple Green for the leaves, then Soft Sea Foam for the background.  I personally prefer this one, where I swapped the background and inside butterfly masks over.  As you can see there is something extra on there!  It's the gorgeous Gilded Leafing 😊


Butterflies & Flowers Layering Decorative Masks, Stampin' Up!

It's pretty simple to create this card (and cheap! - gotta like that!)

Lay down the butterfly outer mask then pop whichever mask you want showing inside it over top, and hold it firmly in place (if any of it is really close to the edge, add a bit of scrap paper under the edge of the mask, so you don't accidentally colour anywhere extra on your card) then daub or brush over top  the colour of your choice.  When this is covered, remove the top mask and keep the bottom mask still there, then daub from the outside of the mask, allowing the middle to stay light.

The middle flowers use 2 masks on one, start with what I consider to be the one on the bottom of the sheet.  It's the more filled in mask, if you do that one first then the more delicate one lines up a lot easier, with the top and bottom flowers (don't try and line it up with the 2 side flowers as it doesn't make sense that way)

The single flower can be done so you do one part then the other and it can either sit directly on top of each other or you can offset it as I've done on this card., then of course add the leaves!

The Gilded Leafing is added by drawing on fine lines of glue - I use the Tombow thin end (Multipurpose Liquid Glue), allow it to dry slightly, then dunk in the gilded leafing, and brush off the excess (I use a sponge for this)

Want to see what I used, click here: What Heather used

and that's it!  check out the video here:


 I hope this inspires you to create.

God Bless love

Heather xox


 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fancy Fold Arrow Card with Video

Celebration of Tags

Share it Sunday Blog Hop