Class cards for October

Image
  Hi there Creators Class dates for October are:  Thursday 3rd in Laanecoorie at  7pm Saturday 5th in Maryborough at 10.30am , along with this session from 2-3pm is the Stampin' Up! World Card-Making Day Event, the church has said I can keep the hall for longer so we can watch (and join in) together.  If you plan to stay make sure you register with Stampin' Up! as there was mention of a gift after the event for everyone who registers!  Register here:  World Card-Making Day Event Tuesday 8th 1.30pm in Laanecoorie Make sure you let me know if you are planning to come! And here are the cards we'll be creating: First up 2 Christmas Cards, this one uses the Gold Mercury Vellum , which really pops well on the Cherry cobbler background, and I love this die cut from Peaceful Season Bundle (stamps & dies) Next up is the Peaceful Evergreens , how cool is the little bow? (there are dies that cut this out) and hopefully you can see the wink of stella on the inside tree piece and

Something Saturday - Designer Paper Card

Hi there Creators

Today I wanted to create something that would show off both sides of the Designer Paper, I'd seen a design I liked, but of course in typical Heather style it didn't turn out the way I'd seen 🤣 Having said that I'm really happy with it, I've used the Mediterranean Blooms Paper, and YAY the Citrus Blooms dies actually cut out some of the paper (gotta love that!)

There is currently a special 10% off sale on the Stampin' Cut & Emboss Machines, and also an extra 10% off on some of the Stamp & Die bundles (so you'll get 20% off as they already have 10% off them - if that makes sense)

So here is the card closed

Mediterranean Blooms, Stampin' Up!
Then as you open it up, you get to see the next layer of designer paper, and the inside of the designer Paper that is the outside cover.
Mediterranean Blooms, Stampin' Up
Just realised I forgot to take a photo of the inside/inside bit lol, but when you lift the flap you see the lemons on the underside of the navy paper (you can see the pattern that was folded over at the bottom.
Mediterranean Blooms, Stampin' Up

So..... to create this card I took 

  • the outside sheet of Designer Series Paper (DSP for short) cut down to 6", then scored at 4" and 8", then the front 2 flaps cut on a diagonal to a matching point up on each side (my point was about 2" up)
  • A 3 7/8"  x 12" piece of DSP for the middle bit, folded in 1/2 at 6"
  • a 3 1/2" x 5 1/2" piece of white cardstock to go inside the above piece (for writing on)

The inside DSP gets attached in the middle of the trifold DSP, then I folded up a section on the bottom to see the other side of the DSP (mine is about 1").  

I also folded the outer flaps on the tri-fold DSP over to display both sides of the paper from the front

Then I decorated up with some pieces of the DSP cut out with the matching dies.

If you missed the video here it is:


I hope this inspires you to have a go too

God Bless love 

Heather xox

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Crafty Collaborations Sale-a-bration Blog Hop

Celebration of Tags

Share it Sunday Blog Hop