Something Saturday - Citrus Blooms

Image
 Hi There Creators Today I thought it would be fun to try out a technique I haven't done in ages - Paper Tole, using the new Citrus Blooms stamp set and dies.  Every so often I come across a stamp set that inspires me to do a spot of Paper Tole'ing, and this one has lots of dimension to it perfect for this technique. To those of you who are saying "Paper Tole-what-ing?"  Paper Tole is a way of taking a picture and literally adding dimension by having several images of the same picture a and cutting out the various parts of it and laying them up, so the picture literally builds up and gives a 3D type image. I thought it would make a beautiful framed piece (and a nice gift for a friend) - let me know what you think.... I did team it up with the fabulous sayings from Unbounded Love Stamp set (the dies that go with this stamp set are a must have!)   Then to create shiny bits I've added some of the fine tip glue pen which dries shiny clear😍 I also said in the video I&

Something Saturday - Fancy Fold Planets Card

 Hi there Creators,

We're onto Week 3 of the Designer Paper sale (which goes all of June)  and I'm still kind of stuck on the AMAZING Stargazing Paper (currently on sale for $18.48 from $21.75), it is actually part of a whole suite Stargazing Suite, but the stamp set didn't really appeal to me, however the papers are a different matter......  Oh and check out the Holographic Trio Papers (oh WOW!) having said that I haven't used them in these projects!

Also there's a joining deal on during June too!  you can get an extra $48 on the normal starter kit's amazing value, so that's: Join my team in June and pick $283 of goodies but only pay $169!!  wow!  If you're interested ask me for more details - or if you know you're sure, go here:  Join Heather's team

However I'm guessing you want to see the cards, and get the measurements, so here goes.................. by the way I think they might be called a Reverse bridge fold card, but I wouldn't bet on it 🤣

This is the one I end up making the base of in the video this is the card closed, 

Special Fold Stargazing Card, Stampin' Up!

Then open:
And the one I made before the video:   Closed
Special Fold Stargazing Card, Stampin' Up! 
 Open:
Special Fold Stargazing Card, Stampin' Up!

and now for the measurements: 

you'll need an A5 Thick card (either vanilla or white depending on your designer paper)

Score at: 5.25cm and 7.9cm in both sides, and fold so it kind of forms a bridge effect.

the Mat's you'll need: 

  • 3 of 14.5cm x 5cm
  • 2 of 14.5cm x 2.5cm 
 then for the Designer paper on top of the mats you'll need a piece of Designer paper measuring 5.5cm high and 8" long, you then cut this into chunks in this order:
  • 1 1/2"
  • 3/4"
  •  1 3/4"
  • 3/4"
  • 1 1/2" 
If you cut it in that order your pattern will line up across the front of your card
 
stick it all down and embellish as you want to😁
 
If you missed the video here it is:
 


I hope I've inspired you to have a go too
God Bless love
Heather xox

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fancy Fold Arrow Card with Video

Celebration of Tags

Share it Sunday Blog Hop