Something Saturday - Citrus Blooms

Image
 Hi There Creators Today I thought it would be fun to try out a technique I haven't done in ages - Paper Tole, using the new Citrus Blooms stamp set and dies.  Every so often I come across a stamp set that inspires me to do a spot of Paper Tole'ing, and this one has lots of dimension to it perfect for this technique. To those of you who are saying "Paper Tole-what-ing?"  Paper Tole is a way of taking a picture and literally adding dimension by having several images of the same picture a and cutting out the various parts of it and laying them up, so the picture literally builds up and gives a 3D type image. I thought it would make a beautiful framed piece (and a nice gift for a friend) - let me know what you think.... I did team it up with the fabulous sayings from Unbounded Love Stamp set (the dies that go with this stamp set are a must have!)   Then to create shiny bits I've added some of the fine tip glue pen which dries shiny clear😍 I also said in the video I&

Something Saturday - Mini Ink Pads & Alphabet dies

 Hi there Creators,

Today I showed off a quick way to create 2 cards from one cut, nice and simple, but with a great look to them.

Here are the cards: 

The cool thing with this is you can gear it to the colours the person really likes.

The idea is to have a piece of card that will give a nice gap all the way round once it's on your card, mine measures 9.5cm x 13.8cm (bearing in mind my base card is 10.5cm x 14.8cm).  You cut out the Happy (or other word) I've used the Alphabet a la Mode dies, leaving enough room to stamp a sentiment in too, (I've used Biggest Wish Stamp set) use the cut out letters in the other card, and add colour to your base card so it peeps through.

alphabet a la mode dies, Stampin' Up!
I've taken my mini ink pads and swiped them on their ends to get this scribbled effect, I guess you could use pencils or pens, but this was so quick and easy!  Mini ink pads - or Stampin' Spots as they're actually called are such fabulous pads to have, I've inked one up for each colour we have, all you need is the Re-inker and the Stampin' spots and you can have any colour you like
alphabet a la mode dies, Stampin' Up!
I wanted the cut out word, to really pop, which is why I left it white and brushed colour intensively round the edges of the card

alphabet a la mode dies, Stampin' Up!
alphabet a la mode dies, Stampin' Up!
In the video with this second card I wasn't sure how well the birthday would show up using the gorgeous Grape colour, so I ended up popping the card in my Stamparatus just in case I needed a darker colour, so much easier to line it back up again!

If you missed the video check it out here:

I hope this inspires you to create

God Bless love

Heather xox

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fancy Fold Arrow Card with Video

Celebration of Tags

Share it Sunday Blog Hop