Something Saturday - Citrus Blooms

Image
 Hi There Creators Today I thought it would be fun to try out a technique I haven't done in ages - Paper Tole, using the new Citrus Blooms stamp set and dies.  Every so often I come across a stamp set that inspires me to do a spot of Paper Tole'ing, and this one has lots of dimension to it perfect for this technique. To those of you who are saying "Paper Tole-what-ing?"  Paper Tole is a way of taking a picture and literally adding dimension by having several images of the same picture a and cutting out the various parts of it and laying them up, so the picture literally builds up and gives a 3D type image. I thought it would make a beautiful framed piece (and a nice gift for a friend) - let me know what you think.... I did team it up with the fabulous sayings from Unbounded Love Stamp set (the dies that go with this stamp set are a must have!)   Then to create shiny bits I've added some of the fine tip glue pen which dries shiny clear😍 I also said in the video I&

Something Saturday - What can you do with your Ink pads?

Hi there Creators

After using the small ink spots to create the triangular effect on this card from last week:

It got me thinking what else could I do with just my ink pads or spots, so, me being me, I played around and came up with these ideas (I'm sure there are many more.....)

My first card uses the big (main) inkpads to dip the edge onto the cardstock then keep turning till you get the star burst effect, I kind of felt like it was celebratory, hence the "so proud of you" saying from Celebrating You stamp set.

Stampin' Up!, Celebrating You

then I moved onto the mini ink pads (Ink Spots) which you can buy as a pre-inked pack of basic colours: Classic Stampin' Spots Assortment, or you can buy Un-inked stampin' spots which come as a pack of 5, and ink them yourself so you have a variety of colours (which is what I've done), it's a great way to get a heap of colours, plus if/when you do buy the main ink pad colours you'll then have the re-inkers already for them too (win win!)

Anyway this is my attempt with the small ink pads, I kind of felt like they were like fireworks with the small star-bursts hence the "happy new year" saying!

Stampin' Up!, Being CreateAble with Heather

After that I played around with swiping my mini ink pads, and as I love rainbows (Thankyou God for creating rainbows 😊)  I thought I would be lovely to swipe a rainbow!

This is the first one I made in the video, and I wanted the word to match the rainbow, so I've used the mini ink pads to do that too, then I have taken some of the Rhinestone basic Jewels and coloured them using Stampin Blends (alcohol markers) so the colour stays on them

Stampin' Up!, Celebrating You

 Then this is the second attempt in the video, which I decided would look great as a rainbow waterfall

ironically I realised after I'd put the card together that the rainbow words go in the other direction (ah well never said I was perfect 🤣)

 Stampin' Up!, Celebrating You

and the last card I made up using the swipe'ing again (you can also swipe in wavy lines)

Stampin' Up!, Celebrating You

If you missed the video, here it is:


I hope this inspires you to have a go with popping your ink pads directly onto paper too😊

God Bless love

Heather xox

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fancy Fold Arrow Card with Video

Celebration of Tags

Share it Sunday Blog Hop