Something Saturday - Citrus Blooms

Image
 Hi There Creators Today I thought it would be fun to try out a technique I haven't done in ages - Paper Tole, using the new Citrus Blooms stamp set and dies.  Every so often I come across a stamp set that inspires me to do a spot of Paper Tole'ing, and this one has lots of dimension to it perfect for this technique. To those of you who are saying "Paper Tole-what-ing?"  Paper Tole is a way of taking a picture and literally adding dimension by having several images of the same picture a and cutting out the various parts of it and laying them up, so the picture literally builds up and gives a 3D type image. I thought it would make a beautiful framed piece (and a nice gift for a friend) - let me know what you think.... I did team it up with the fabulous sayings from Unbounded Love Stamp set (the dies that go with this stamp set are a must have!)   Then to create shiny bits I've added some of the fine tip glue pen which dries shiny clear😍 I also said in the video I&

Something Saturday - A spot of Watercolouring

 Hi there Creators

Today I thought I'd have a go at watercolouring and see if I can inspire you to have a go too.....

My theory was that I was trying for "No-line" watercolouring which I've seen done, however it wasn't until after I'd finished the video that I remembered you're meant to stamp off the inked up image once on scrap paper before you stamp it, so that it's a really faded image (oopsie!)  But, as it's not something I do very often (watercolouring) I'm kind of treating it like a "paint by numbers", where I've picked my own colours 🤣  I do love the Water painter brushes they are so easy to use and very handy having their own reservoir of water (I used to let my kids use these when they fancied doing watercolouring, much less mess!)

Having said that I'm quite happy with the way the images turned out, but you're not here to hear me waffle on, so lets move onto the photos.....

The first 2 are done using Stampin' Up!'s Shimmery White cardstock which is actually designed to take a fair bit of water! I have to admit I would never normally pick out a stamp set like this to use: In the Country Sale-a-Bration set (you can opt to have it for FREE with a $90+ order from 5th Jan till 28th Feb), Having seen someone else's rendition of it, it whet my appetite.   My favourite image is this first one with the staircase, If you watched the video and hung around right till the very end you'll already know how I created the criss cross effect using mini ink pads at the top and bottom of the card (it's kind of an "added extra" at the end of the video.)

Stampin' Up!, Sale-a-Bration, In the Country
This image just felt "relax'ish" hence pairing it up with this saying from In the Moment.  I will admit I actually cut my stamp some time ago, so I could use Relax on it's own or with the rest of the words (I'm still glad I did!😁)
Stampin' Up!, Sale-a-Bration, In the Country

These other 2 cards use Stampin' Up!'s Watercolor Paper (which is obviously designed for watercoloring!)
Stampin' Up!, Sale-a-Bration, In the Country

Stampin' Up!, Sale-a-Bration, In the Country

After remembering that you're meant to stamp off once I then moved on to make this card, which is definitely more "no lines"ish, I've used In the Moment for the main main girl image, then True Beauty for the flowers and saying, which I thought blended nicely with the soft effect.

Stampin' Up!, In the Moment, True beauty, No Line watercoloring

What do you think, are you going to give it a go? which is your favourite card out of these?

In case you missed the video, here it is:


 I hope I have inspired you to create,

God Bless love

Heather xox

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fancy Fold Arrow Card with Video

Celebration of Tags

Share it Sunday Blog Hop