Something Saturday - Citrus Blooms

Image
 Hi There Creators Today I thought it would be fun to try out a technique I haven't done in ages - Paper Tole, using the new Citrus Blooms stamp set and dies.  Every so often I come across a stamp set that inspires me to do a spot of Paper Tole'ing, and this one has lots of dimension to it perfect for this technique. To those of you who are saying "Paper Tole-what-ing?"  Paper Tole is a way of taking a picture and literally adding dimension by having several images of the same picture a and cutting out the various parts of it and laying them up, so the picture literally builds up and gives a 3D type image. I thought it would make a beautiful framed piece (and a nice gift for a friend) - let me know what you think.... I did team it up with the fabulous sayings from Unbounded Love Stamp set (the dies that go with this stamp set are a must have!)   Then to create shiny bits I've added some of the fine tip glue pen which dries shiny clear😍 I also said in the video I&

Something Saturday - Butterflies

 Hi there Creators,

Umm well I hadn't intended for this post to be a Christmas eve post, (thought I had an extra week up my sleeve 🤣)  However as I mention in the video, people still have birthdays this time of year too......

Having said that Merry Christmas! (I'll do the Happy New Year next week...)

So, today I'm showing you this really cool way to use your blending brushes so you can end up with a heap of different colours on your stamps, and I happen to think the butterflies ink up beautifully like this.

I've used Butterfly Brilliance stamp (set)  I say "set" but actually it's one stamp all the butterflies joined together, which then cut out with a big die: Brilliant Wings Dies, which doesn't just have the one big die, it then has a heap of more intricate butterfly dies too, which make excellent masks as you'll see.....

Anyway you're not here to hear me waffle on, lets get to the cards:

Card number 1 was this one, at this stage I was just thinking of showcasing the butterfly (and also a couple of the random dies (the sort of splatter and the bricks), as you can see I've taken the intricate die cuts and used them as a mask for the background, after taking the photos I did think I should have added bling, so if you end up with one of these cards, there will most likely be bling on it too 😁)  And if you're wondering where the words came from, it's a sneak peek of a new Sale-a-Bration set which you can pick for free when you order $90+ after 5th January.

butterfly brilliance stamp, Brilliant wings dies, Stampin' Up!

Then I moved onto this card, which is when I started thinking I needed to add more butterflies to my cards or I wasn't going to get through them all lol.  Again I've used the intricate die cuts as stencils for the background of my card (I love this effect, and it's such an easy but effective background)  As you can see I've curled the butterflies leaves, and I've added a dimensional under the wings to keep them lifted up when the card gets squashed in the envelope, hopefully it works!

butterfly brilliance stamp, Brilliant wings dies, Stampin' Up!

The next card finally ended up with the intricate die cuts on it too (I had actually cut them from vellum originally thinking the vellum would look nice overlaid on the stamped butterflies, but it obliterated the delicate ink, so that didn't work!)  the background of this card is very simply scored at regular intervals  I found this easy to do using my Simply Scored board (did you know there's a metric board as well that overlays over top of the main board?)
butterfly brilliance stamp, Brilliant wings dies, Stampin' Up!
 
Then I realised there was still a random die I hadn't used, and with 3 full butterflies remaining........
butterfly brilliance stamp, Brilliant wings dies, Stampin' Up!
 
Lastly I had 3 more intricate cuts to use up, so these I decided could be just on a plain very vanilla thick card, but I couldn't help adding a touch of gold on the ends of their wings (hey they needed blinging up, heaven only knows why I didn't feel that way about the other cards 🤣)  So I've used the Gilded leafing, I actually think this card might be my favourite, which is yours?
 
If you missed the video, do check it out here:
 

I hope this inspires you to create!
God Bless love
Heather xox

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fancy Fold Arrow Card with Video

Celebration of Tags

Share it Sunday Blog Hop