Something Saturday - Citrus Blooms

Image
 Hi There Creators Today I thought it would be fun to try out a technique I haven't done in ages - Paper Tole, using the new Citrus Blooms stamp set and dies.  Every so often I come across a stamp set that inspires me to do a spot of Paper Tole'ing, and this one has lots of dimension to it perfect for this technique. To those of you who are saying "Paper Tole-what-ing?"  Paper Tole is a way of taking a picture and literally adding dimension by having several images of the same picture a and cutting out the various parts of it and laying them up, so the picture literally builds up and gives a 3D type image. I thought it would make a beautiful framed piece (and a nice gift for a friend) - let me know what you think.... I did team it up with the fabulous sayings from Unbounded Love Stamp set (the dies that go with this stamp set are a must have!)   Then to create shiny bits I've added some of the fine tip glue pen which dries shiny clear😍 I also said in the video I&

Something Saturday - Birthday Card Organizer Kit

 Hi there Creators

Today I showed off this fabulous Birthday Card Organizer kit. The size of the Card holder is actually quite big at 8x10", so even if you make larger cards or slimline cards they should fit in fine.  The idea is to have one place to pop all your Birthday cards in waiting, under the correct month.  And everything is included in the kit to create all the cards, and label up the Organizer.

In the video, I unpacked the box it comes in and show off making the 2 varieties of card included with it (there are supplies for 12 cards)

Here are the 2 cards I made up as they're shown in the kit:

Stampin' Up!, Birthday Card Organizer Kit

 Then in the video I mention that I plan to make something different with a couple more of the cards, so here is my "different" take on these......

The green based card (soft succulent colour) actually has a really nice front and back, so I've cut it in 1/2 and used both parts to create 2 cards, I've also used the beautiful True Beauty Stamp set lightly in the background.  The top card uses some cut off pieces from the kit to create the 2 lines, and the bottom card I cut the "ribbon" strip in 1/2 so I could use some on an envelope.

Stampin' Up!, Birthday Card Organizer Kit

 Then this black & White card I really wanted to be more "male" focused, and I just love this little dog from Glad We're Friends, so I've fussy cut him out, and chose not to add more colour (wasn't really sure a green dog was the way to go lol) I decided against the sequins, and added some Rustic Metallic Adhesive backed dots instead, and swapped the sentiment over with the 2 cards

Stampin' Up!, Birthday Card Organizer Kit

If you missed the "unpacking" video, here it is....


If you have any kits I hope this inspires you to come up with different ideas for the cards too.

God Bless love

Heather xox

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fancy Fold Arrow Card with Video

Celebration of Tags

Share it Sunday Blog Hop