Something Saturday - Citrus Blooms

Image
 Hi There Creators Today I thought it would be fun to try out a technique I haven't done in ages - Paper Tole, using the new Citrus Blooms stamp set and dies.  Every so often I come across a stamp set that inspires me to do a spot of Paper Tole'ing, and this one has lots of dimension to it perfect for this technique. To those of you who are saying "Paper Tole-what-ing?"  Paper Tole is a way of taking a picture and literally adding dimension by having several images of the same picture a and cutting out the various parts of it and laying them up, so the picture literally builds up and gives a 3D type image. I thought it would make a beautiful framed piece (and a nice gift for a friend) - let me know what you think.... I did team it up with the fabulous sayings from Unbounded Love Stamp set (the dies that go with this stamp set are a must have!)   Then to create shiny bits I've added some of the fine tip glue pen which dries shiny clear😍 I also said in the video I&

Something Saturday - Simple but effective card

 Hi there Creators,

Happy New Year! (or at least New Years eve😍)

Today I'm showing off how to create another card design that I was sent for Christmas, I can see so many ways to use this throughout the whole year, and it's such an easy card to make (don't you just love that?!)

With this card I'm doing a bit of a sneak peek (not that far in advance now as it'll be available on 5th January)  I'm using the Alphabet a la Mode Dies, such a great die set and I love that it has numbers as well as letters.

Stampin' Up!, Alphabet a la Mode dies

As you can see I made one each up for my kids for Christmas.  Ben even commented that it was a great card and would be good for all year round (high praise!)

I've actually used the Storybook Gnomes Designer Papers in the background which amazingly are still available despite being reduced on the retiring list! (from $21 down to $12.60)  check them out through the link they're available till 4th January, not long to go!

Here is the inside of Sam's card, I've added a layer of white over the back of the front of the card (ha that makes sense 🤣) but it covers the edges of the Window Sheet (and the not so attractive gluey bits that show through it)

Stampin' Up!, Alphabet a la Mode dies


Then the middle of Ben's card...

Stampin' Up!, Alphabet a la Mode dies

And lastly Josh's card.......

Stampin' Up!, Alphabet a la Mode dies

You can probably see from the photos how to create these cards, but just in case you missed it here's the video:


 

You can make these cards with any alphabet dies, just adjust the gap between the top and bottom of the dies to suit your card.

I hope this inspires you to create.

God Bless love

Heather xox

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fancy Fold Arrow Card with Video

Celebration of Tags

Share it Sunday Blog Hop