Something Saturday - Hooray for Honeycomb Kit

Image
 Hi there Creators, Today I thought we'd take a look at one of the new Kits that Stampin' Up! has brought out, it's really fun!, the name "honeycomb" kind of gives it away🤣 There are 9 cards to create, and it's a nice simple kit, would make an excellent gift for anyone who is thinking of starting off with card-making, there's no stamping involved - it's all "stick it together" and everything is included to do this.  At $32 it works out to $3.56 per card (which let's face it is pretty cheap for a card these days!) So here are the cards you can make (3 of each): Don't you just love the matching envelopes? The front of each card has clear embossed shiny bits on it (most obvious on the rainbow card at the top! with my photography) And there you have it, I haven't had the chance to play around and see what else I can create with this kit yet, so if you get it and do play around, let me know what you do! If you missed the video here it

Step It Up with Timeless Tidings

Hi There
By now those who I've mailed out the Holiday catalogue to should have received them - let me know if you haven't got a copy and you want one!  It starts on the 5th September (unless you're a demonstrator, in which case you can order now!) Yay!

Some of you will have received a card with your catalogue that showcases the Timeless Tidings Stamp set, if you're a regular reader of my blog, you'll remember a few posts back this Timeless Tidings Project Kit I showed you (Still in love with it, it's such amazing value for money and such stunning cards!).

Just in case you didn't receive the card, I thought I'd show it to you now, and also a "Stepped Up" version, when I go to Stampin' Up! events they often mention "stepping up" your cards, I really should do this more often, it was fun! lol.
Here is the first nice simple version:
My idea behind this was to show something that anyone could do, doesn't require lots of fancy cutting or punches that people may or may not have, and when I started stamping I would have been proud to be able to send this out to people as their "homemade" Christmas card.  It uses only the Timeless Tidings Stamp set, and 3 colours, Garden green, Pumpkin Pie and Cherry Cobbler.  The Cherry Cobbler has been "smudged" using a Blender Pen, these are clear pens that you can use to pick up colour and colour in with, or in this case once I stamped I used it straight away to move the colour inside the stamped image, just gives it a subtle hint of colour.  The other thing I did to make this card "bling" was spritzed it with a gold spray.  I used the (oh so in love with this) Gold Vegas Shimmer Paint.  I've poured some into a Stampin' Spritzer Bottle,(on a side note what amazing value are these? 2 for only $5!) topped it up with Rubbing Alcohol, shake it up and spray.......

Don't you just love that shimmer effect?
So, to step it up I wanted to use the same stamps in the same order, then add some extras, here's what I came up with:
Again it's not majorly complicated, but does require a spot of cutting with the Stampin' Trimmer, Paper Snips and the Layering Oval Framelits.  Then the added extra of the little metallic Leaves Trinkets, aren't they lovely?
If you look closely you can just see the gold glimmer on the tree oval.
The Flower I stamped twice on spare card, then cut them out and layered them up, it's a nice easy flower to do that with as the lines are not blurred in together.  Oh and in case you're wondering why the yellow colour doesn't look like Pumpkin Pie, it's because it's not! by the time I made this card I'd packed the Pumpkin Pie up to use in a class, so I went with Mango Melody instead😊

Well I hope this inspires you to create, do feel free to leave me comments, I always love to hear from people!
God Bless love
Heather xox



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fancy Fold Arrow Card with Video

Celebration of Tags

Share it Sunday Blog Hop