Something Saturday - Hooray for Honeycomb Kit

Image
 Hi there Creators, Today I thought we'd take a look at one of the new Kits that Stampin' Up! has brought out, it's really fun!, the name "honeycomb" kind of gives it away🤣 There are 9 cards to create, and it's a nice simple kit, would make an excellent gift for anyone who is thinking of starting off with card-making, there's no stamping involved - it's all "stick it together" and everything is included to do this.  At $32 it works out to $3.56 per card (which let's face it is pretty cheap for a card these days!) So here are the cards you can make (3 of each): Don't you just love the matching envelopes? The front of each card has clear embossed shiny bits on it (most obvious on the rainbow card at the top! with my photography) And there you have it, I haven't had the chance to play around and see what else I can create with this kit yet, so if you get it and do play around, let me know what you do! If you missed the video here it

Ideas for July's classes

Hi Everyone,
I missed out doing Christmas in July with you all, so I thought we could do a Christmas in August instead!, So here goes, I need some input with these, as we'll need to pick 4, and I'd rather they were chosen by you who are coming!
 #1:this one is for sure, because I really love it! and it shows you the baby wipe ink pad technique it uses the new Carols of Christmas stamp set, wow the sayings/fonts in this set are amazing!

#2 this one is growing on me, I wasn't sure that I liked it much when I first did it, but it does show another technique - Versamark resist, with the new/old Glossy White Cardstock. The stamp sets I've used are: Watercolor Words (always makes me cringe spelling colour that way lol) and Star of Light.
#3 Not sure if this is too busy, I really like it but then I'm prone to these colours lol!, and not sure if you can tell but the star in the middle is embossed with gold again using the Star of Light Stamp set Oh and the music notes in the background are the new Sheet Music Background Stamp, every time I see the saying "Star of wonder star of Night" my mind starts singing, so figured very appropriate with the musical notes lol!
#4: Oh Yes we're back to the Carols of Christmas stamp set and framelits this time, how cool are the cut out sky scene and the trees?  Oh and I don't know if you can see, but I've added sparkle to the trees in the form of Wink of Stella Clear.
Moving onto card #5, again I'm not sure how I feel about this card, I wanted to use up the trees that were cut out from the last card, but I'm not sure if the whole thing is a bit too white? what do you think? it does use the same saying as #2, so we can't do both of them!, Again the star and the saying are from the Star of Light Stamp set
#6: this card made me laugh, I just couldn't resist portraying Santa as a Chef, so it uses the ultra cute Stamp set Birthday Delivery and my little Santa, has gold mini sequin trim on his outfit, would have liked white, but didn't have anything I could think of:(  Oh and the saying and cute holly sprigs are from Oh What Fun stamp set
Ok, we're there!  as I was going to add one more, but realised it uses the same stamp as #1 and we're definitely doing that one! lol.
So, now I need you're input, which are your favourites?  Oh, and did you know that the blue writing in these posts are links to the product so you can see what else in the stamp set etc? - although I do recommend opening them in new tabs or windows, so you can carry on reading the blog!

Well that's it from me for now, please let me know which ones you like (hopefully at least 4 appeal!)
I hope it inspires you to create,
God Bless love
Heather xox

Comments

  1. Number 1 for sure, and 2, 3, and 6 :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1, 2, 4 & 6 for me. Thanks. Like them all. Gayle

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Fancy Fold Arrow Card with Video

Celebration of Tags

Share it Sunday Blog Hop