Something Saturday - Citrus Blooms

Image
 Hi There Creators Today I thought it would be fun to try out a technique I haven't done in ages - Paper Tole, using the new Citrus Blooms stamp set and dies.  Every so often I come across a stamp set that inspires me to do a spot of Paper Tole'ing, and this one has lots of dimension to it perfect for this technique. To those of you who are saying "Paper Tole-what-ing?"  Paper Tole is a way of taking a picture and literally adding dimension by having several images of the same picture a and cutting out the various parts of it and laying them up, so the picture literally builds up and gives a 3D type image. I thought it would make a beautiful framed piece (and a nice gift for a friend) - let me know what you think.... I did team it up with the fabulous sayings from Unbounded Love Stamp set (the dies that go with this stamp set are a must have!)   Then to create shiny bits I've added some of the fine tip glue pen which dries shiny clear😍 I also said in the video I&

Something Saturday - Using Stampin' Up!'s New Adhesive Backed Glimmer Paper

 Hi there Creators

Today I have BLING 😍 in the form of the new Online Exclusive Adhesive Backed Glimmer Paper (check it out through the link) It comes in Gold and Silver - one sheet of each (12x12") in the pack, and Oh my goodness, you're going to want some!  As a demo I got to order it early (having said that I was away in England when it arrived, so haven't been able to play till now)

BUT guess what?  This month (October) Stampin' Up! have an amazing Joining special, so you too could pick up goodies before they're available to general public (and much more).  Check the deal out here:  Join My Team.

Anyway on with the bling, Oh I mean blog.....

Here are the cards I create from the pieces I make in the video 

Here is the first one that I'd created before the video

Stampin' Up!', Adhesive Backed Glimmer Paper, Handcrafted elements dies


I use the Handcrafted Elements Dies, Joy to You stamp set and the beautiful Silver & White Sheer ribbon, as well as the amazing new glimmer paper!  in the video I show how I take the middle out (relatively easily) so I can make 2 cards out of the one cut. (not quite so easy to describe!)

Stampin' Up!', Adhesive Backed Glimmer Paper, Handcrafted elements dies
 
The other one's I made up into smaller 1/2 sized Thank you cards, as it's sometimes really handy to have a small card to add into a package (when Tom sells something on facebook and it's being mailed out I like to add a little thanks, but I always feel like a proper sized card is a bit of an overkill 🤨)  The first 2 have the leaves up, which is what I felt was the right way up.

Stampin' Up!', Adhesive Backed Glimmer Paper, Handcrafted elements dies
until I tried the leaves the other way up and now I'm not sure which way is right🤣 I kind of like them coming down
 
Stampin' Up!', Adhesive Backed Glimmer Paper, Handcrafted elements dies
What do you think?

Anyway here is the video if you missed it:



I hope this inspires you to buy some and try it out for yourself!

God bless love

Heather xox

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fancy Fold Arrow Card with Video

Celebration of Tags

Share it Sunday Blog Hop