Something Saturday - Citrus Blooms

Image
 Hi There Creators Today I thought it would be fun to try out a technique I haven't done in ages - Paper Tole, using the new Citrus Blooms stamp set and dies.  Every so often I come across a stamp set that inspires me to do a spot of Paper Tole'ing, and this one has lots of dimension to it perfect for this technique. To those of you who are saying "Paper Tole-what-ing?"  Paper Tole is a way of taking a picture and literally adding dimension by having several images of the same picture a and cutting out the various parts of it and laying them up, so the picture literally builds up and gives a 3D type image. I thought it would make a beautiful framed piece (and a nice gift for a friend) - let me know what you think.... I did team it up with the fabulous sayings from Unbounded Love Stamp set (the dies that go with this stamp set are a must have!)   Then to create shiny bits I've added some of the fine tip glue pen which dries shiny clear😍 I also said in the video I&

Something Saturday - Stars at Night Hybrid

Hi there Creators,

Today I'm showing you one of my new favourites! Stars at Night Hybrid Embossing folder, this is a 3D folder plus a set of 14 matching dies.

Here are the die cuts:

Stars at Night Hybrid Embossing Folder, Stampin' Up!

In the video I suggest a way to emboss the stars so they don't get squashed, so here goes......

I suggest you emboss a piece of cardstock first through the embossing folder, then cut out with the dies, whichever stars from it you're likely to use, see the photo below. (this will squash these stars flat!)  Then cut yourself blank stars using the dies, and slot them into the embossing folder using your pre-cut template to guide where they should sit.  Voila perfectly cut and embossed stars 😍

Stars at Night Hybrid Embossing Folder, Stampin' Up!

 

I don't actually make up any of the cards in the video, so here are a couple that I did make up afterwards.  I've used the beautiful Winter Meadow Designer Paper with a bit of Smoky Slate cardstock behind it,  the Adhesive Backed Star trinkets are the tiny stars, and the Blooming Pearls are the little round embellishments.  Oh and not forgetting the stamp set: Night Divine.

 

Stars at Night Hybrid Embossing Folder, Stampin' Up!
I love this gray, white and gold combo, just looks so elegant!
Stars at Night Hybrid Embossing Folder, Stampin' Up!

If you missed the video here it is:



I hope this inspires you to create too.

God Bless love

Heather xox


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fancy Fold Arrow Card with Video

Celebration of Tags

Share it Sunday Blog Hop