Something Saturday - Citrus Blooms

Image
 Hi There Creators Today I thought it would be fun to try out a technique I haven't done in ages - Paper Tole, using the new Citrus Blooms stamp set and dies.  Every so often I come across a stamp set that inspires me to do a spot of Paper Tole'ing, and this one has lots of dimension to it perfect for this technique. To those of you who are saying "Paper Tole-what-ing?"  Paper Tole is a way of taking a picture and literally adding dimension by having several images of the same picture a and cutting out the various parts of it and laying them up, so the picture literally builds up and gives a 3D type image. I thought it would make a beautiful framed piece (and a nice gift for a friend) - let me know what you think.... I did team it up with the fabulous sayings from Unbounded Love Stamp set (the dies that go with this stamp set are a must have!)   Then to create shiny bits I've added some of the fine tip glue pen which dries shiny clear😍 I also said in the video I&

Something Saturday - Easy One Layer Card

 Hi there Creators, 

Today I'm showing you a deceptively simple and a bit of an optical illusion sort of card. Potentially I should have called it a "no layer" card. 

Ben (oldest son) saw them and was impressed with the fact these cards are only the base card, here they are:

One layer card, Stampin' Up!
This first set is continuing into the new catalogue Natures Prints Stamp set  I've teamed it up with the returning colour Pretty Peacock and the Online exclusive Loose Frosted Dots. (not adhesive backed but easy enough to add with a dot of glue!)
One layer card, Stampin' Up!

This second card uses a retiring stamp set Dragonfly Garden (and yay reduced from $41 to $16.40! - although if it's still available and you want it you only have until 1st May!) so click the link and order it now! I've teamed it up with Orchid Oasis ink pad and Iridescent Rhinestones (so pretty)

The card below uses the cute Party Puffins stamp set, again a retiring set (and reduced from $35 to $21, bargain!)  and a spot of retiring bling too!  Adhesive Backed Studs (also reduced and retiring) I wanted a fun set to go with these words from Something Fancy Stamp set.

One layer card, Stampin' Up!

The great thing with these cards is you don't have to work out exactly how to hide the images under the saying, so they're in the right spot - like the top one, sometimes it's hard to make sure the flowers/ leaves are poking out the right amount under the saying.

So how to create these?  easy peasy!  You'll need: your stamp set/s and one ink pad, a blending brush, and a post it note.

  • Stamp your saying
  • cut a post it note down to cover the saying, and add it over the saying
  • Stamp your images around your card (making sure they overlap onto the post it note)
  • using your blending brush, blend colour round the edge of the post it note and round the edge of the card
  • remove the post- it note 
  • Add Bling!
  • Voila one easy peasy card created 😁

If you missed the video  here it it:

 

I hope this inspires you to have a go at this too, don't forget to share with me if you have a go!

God Bless love

Heather xox

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fancy Fold Arrow Card with Video

Celebration of Tags

Share it Sunday Blog Hop