Something Saturday - Citrus Blooms

Image
 Hi There Creators Today I thought it would be fun to try out a technique I haven't done in ages - Paper Tole, using the new Citrus Blooms stamp set and dies.  Every so often I come across a stamp set that inspires me to do a spot of Paper Tole'ing, and this one has lots of dimension to it perfect for this technique. To those of you who are saying "Paper Tole-what-ing?"  Paper Tole is a way of taking a picture and literally adding dimension by having several images of the same picture a and cutting out the various parts of it and laying them up, so the picture literally builds up and gives a 3D type image. I thought it would make a beautiful framed piece (and a nice gift for a friend) - let me know what you think.... I did team it up with the fabulous sayings from Unbounded Love Stamp set (the dies that go with this stamp set are a must have!)   Then to create shiny bits I've added some of the fine tip glue pen which dries shiny clear😍 I also said in the video I&

Something Saturday - Bendi Cards

 Hi there Creators, 

I was deciding what to make for my Tutorial card (I'm part of a global monthly tutorial group called Crafty Collaborations, when you purchase $75+ of goodies from me, I send the whole tutorial of around 35+ projects out as a thank you).  Anyway, I was at the Picture to Page Show and the only stamp set I had with me was the Legendary Ride (motorbikes) with Ready to Ride matching designer papers, so guess what I used 🤣  and here is the card I created.....

Ready to Ride, Stampin' Up!

Anyway I was thinking it would be fun to make another similar card, and that I should do a video on it, so...... here is the card I made for the video

I've used the True Beauty Bundle to create it, along with the Abigail Rose Designer Paper, Oh and not forgetting the Delicate Edges Dies!

True Beauty Dies, Delicate Edges Dies, Stampin' Up!

As promised the measurements for the Bendi cards:

Take your A4 piece of card, cut it in  1/2 lengthways, then score it in 1/2 at 14.8cm

With the front of the card you'll now cut it so you just have a section 5 cm high, and take off the top section (so it looks a bit like an arm) you need to score a 1/2cm piece in at the end of the "arm"

Take the piece that you cut off and cut it down to 2.5cm (actually I think I used the 3cm piece for this card, due to the die cut), anyway you'll need to score whichever piece you use at 1cm in one side and 1/2 cm in the other side

Attach the 1cm scored piece to opposite side of your card (so you now have 2 arms)

Now decorate your card up

You'll also need to create 2 "button" type bits that will attach up on dimensionals for your 1/2cm scored bits at then end of the "arms" to hook under, and create the bends. 

 

As I was using the rather lovely trellis die from Organic Beauty Dies, I figured I shouldn't waste the little diamondy bits, so made this bonus card up by slotting in the cut outs back in, and attaching them to the card, then removing the trellis.  Paired up with the matching True Beauty Stamps (so pretty!)

True Beauty Dies, Stampin' Up!

Here's the video in case you missed it:


I hope this inspires you to have a go at Bendi Cards too, and don't forget if you place a $75+ order with me, you'll get an email with written instructions to the first card shown here plus a heap more projects.

God Bless love

Heather xox


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fancy Fold Arrow Card with Video

Celebration of Tags

Share it Sunday Blog Hop