Something Saturday - Citrus Blooms

Image
 Hi There Creators Today I thought it would be fun to try out a technique I haven't done in ages - Paper Tole, using the new Citrus Blooms stamp set and dies.  Every so often I come across a stamp set that inspires me to do a spot of Paper Tole'ing, and this one has lots of dimension to it perfect for this technique. To those of you who are saying "Paper Tole-what-ing?"  Paper Tole is a way of taking a picture and literally adding dimension by having several images of the same picture a and cutting out the various parts of it and laying them up, so the picture literally builds up and gives a 3D type image. I thought it would make a beautiful framed piece (and a nice gift for a friend) - let me know what you think.... I did team it up with the fabulous sayings from Unbounded Love Stamp set (the dies that go with this stamp set are a must have!)   Then to create shiny bits I've added some of the fine tip glue pen which dries shiny clear😍 I also said in the video I&

Something Saturday - Watercolouring Part 2: Watercolour Lifting

 Hi there Creators,

Well today I've continued on with the watercoloured pieces I produced last Saturday and now I'm showing off "Watercolour Lifting"  I don't recall trying this before, but the basic jist of it is:

  1. Create a watercoloured background and let dry completely
  2. Stamp over top using versamark
  3. dust over with clear embossing powder & heat set it
  4. spray water over and blot off to remove some of the colour, until the clear embossed images stand out (the colour under the embossed image will remain "full strength")

And that's it in a nutshell, here are the 2 cards I created using the watercoloured backgrounds I created last week: 

This first one uses Natures Prints Stamps to create the collage of leaves in the background, then I've used the Celebrating You stamps for the sayings in both cards, then this one I also used the gorgeous Iridescent Pastel Pearls (very pretty!)

Watercolour Lifting, Stampin' Up!, Natures Prints Stamps
 

Then this is the one I made up in the video, and I finally found a use for the Loose Daisy Embellishments! I've used Eden's Garden Stamps for it, I'm not sure the big stamp was really the best to use as the DistInkTive Stamp surface doesn't really work hence it kind of has a big blob in the centre (and hence I put 3 daisies in there 🤣)  As I say in Class - there's always a way to correct things with a card!   and in this case a definite embellishment opportunity 😉

Watercolour Lifting, Stampin' Up!, Edens Garden Stamps

In case you missed the video, here it is:



Let me know if you have a go at this, I'd love to see how yours turns out!

I hope this inspires you to create.

God Bless love

Heather

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fancy Fold Arrow Card with Video

Celebration of Tags

Share it Sunday Blog Hop