Something Saturday - Citrus Blooms

Image
 Hi There Creators Today I thought it would be fun to try out a technique I haven't done in ages - Paper Tole, using the new Citrus Blooms stamp set and dies.  Every so often I come across a stamp set that inspires me to do a spot of Paper Tole'ing, and this one has lots of dimension to it perfect for this technique. To those of you who are saying "Paper Tole-what-ing?"  Paper Tole is a way of taking a picture and literally adding dimension by having several images of the same picture a and cutting out the various parts of it and laying them up, so the picture literally builds up and gives a 3D type image. I thought it would make a beautiful framed piece (and a nice gift for a friend) - let me know what you think.... I did team it up with the fabulous sayings from Unbounded Love Stamp set (the dies that go with this stamp set are a must have!)   Then to create shiny bits I've added some of the fine tip glue pen which dries shiny clear😍 I also said in the video I&

Something Saturday - Stamp care and a random stamping technique

 Hi there Creators,

Today I talked a little about keeping your stamps in tip top condition.  Whilst I love my Stampin' Shammy for quickly cleaning my stamps, I have noticed that after a while the stamps start to look a little jaded, and when you think that you've invested $30+ into a stamp set you probably want to keep it in good condition!  Enter the Stampin' Scrub, which has mats on it, one you spray with the special Stampin' Mist cleaner spray, rub your stamps vigorously over it, then the other side you dry off your stamps with.  The special spray helps your stamps to be nicely conditioned, and the mats reach in deep into all the crevices of your stamp.  The photopolymer stamps don't feel quite so sticky after cleaning this way and the red rubber looks more conditioned!  I think you can see a difference 😊

Then I moved onto a random stamping technique that often we do accidentally, but this time I've made it deliberate.  The general gist is to ink up your stamp, then stamp off a portion of the stamp on raised scrap paper, so it gives you a straight line through it, I've stamped off on 2 sides of these to create sayings that end up with a really cool effect on them.

As you can see the sayings (from Biggest Wish Stamp set) end up with stripes going through them.  This first one I've coloured some of the white crinkled seam binding ribbon using a blending brush to brush the Pacific Point colour onto it and as the edges of the card felt a little blank I've stamped "Birthday" going down the sides, I kind of like the effect! then a bit of bling, the Brushed Metallic Dots.  Oh and I used the Essential Tag punch just to add a bit of interest, with the pieces punched out then added back in, but up on dimensionals

Stampin' Up! Being CreateAble with Heather
Then this one I left the sheet intact, and did the side bit a little more deliberately (I did notice the sides on the blue card aren't quite straight 🤣 I've added in a bit of the gorgeous Metallic woven ribbon in the Orchid Oasis to match the ink.  Oh and some of the pretty Iridescent Pearl basic jewels
Stampin' Up! Being CreateAble with Heather

So this is how I did the side piece this time, a bit of scrap paper to mask off where I don't want it, then I could stamp to my hearts content, and know it's straight!

And Voila.....a kind of cool looking edge!

If you missed the video, here it is.....


 Let me know if you have a go, and how it turns out!

I hope this inspires you to have a go too.

God Bless love

Heather xox

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fancy Fold Arrow Card with Video

Celebration of Tags

Share it Sunday Blog Hop