Something Saturday - Citrus Blooms

Image
 Hi There Creators Today I thought it would be fun to try out a technique I haven't done in ages - Paper Tole, using the new Citrus Blooms stamp set and dies.  Every so often I come across a stamp set that inspires me to do a spot of Paper Tole'ing, and this one has lots of dimension to it perfect for this technique. To those of you who are saying "Paper Tole-what-ing?"  Paper Tole is a way of taking a picture and literally adding dimension by having several images of the same picture a and cutting out the various parts of it and laying them up, so the picture literally builds up and gives a 3D type image. I thought it would make a beautiful framed piece (and a nice gift for a friend) - let me know what you think.... I did team it up with the fabulous sayings from Unbounded Love Stamp set (the dies that go with this stamp set are a must have!)   Then to create shiny bits I've added some of the fine tip glue pen which dries shiny clear😍 I also said in the video I&

Something Saturday - Watercolor World

Hi there Creators, 

Today we're checking out this gorgeous single Stamp called Watercolor World (being English it always makes me cringe spelling colour that way 🤣) but for the sake of stamping I'll build a bridge (and get over it)

As soon as I saw this stamp in the catalogue I knew I had to have it, as previously mentioned, I'm English, but I moved to Australia 21 years ago (and checked out a few other countries on the way), so this sort of thing really appeals to me.

Here is the first card I made before the video:

I inked up the work with green (I'm pretty sure it was Pear Pizzazz) and stamped that down, then it was a bit too white round the edges so I thought it needed some Sea, which I used Tahitian Tide to create with my Blending Brush, I've then added the saying cut using the Stitched Rectangle dies, and a vellum stitched rectangle underneath as I didn't want to obscure any more of the world than I needed to, lastly 3 white dots from the Classic Matte Dots.  Very simple but I do feel this stamp is so easy to use and makes such a great 1 layer card.  Oh forgot to add that the saying is from the Friends are Like Seashells stamp set.

Check out the list of what I used here:What Heather Used

Stampin' Up!, Watercolor World

Then in the video I make up this one - you'll definitely want the Stamparatus to do this, it is possible without it but the Stamparatus just makes it soooo much easier!

how to do it:  attach your stamp onto the Stamparatus plate, so it'll stamp perfectly on your card once it's in the corner.  Then pop your card in and use a blending brush to add the ink to the stamp (I used Melon Mambo, then Gorgeous Grape and Bermuda bay), you add one colour at a time and stamp it, if you want the colour darker, just add more layers of the same colour, it does mean doing it this way the colours blend together beautifully.  I've then used the One of a Kind stamp set for the saying

Check out exactly what I used here: What Heather Used

Stampin' Up!, Watercolor World

If you missed the video, here it is:


this technique can be done with any large stamp, so have a go!  Also in case you're not aware there are 3 days left of Sale-a-Bration so for every $90 ordered you get to pick a FREE Sale-a-Bration product - woo hoo!

I hope I've inspired you to create,

God Bless love

Heather xox

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fancy Fold Arrow Card with Video

Celebration of Tags

Share it Sunday Blog Hop