Something Saturday - Citrus Blooms

Image
 Hi There Creators Today I thought it would be fun to try out a technique I haven't done in ages - Paper Tole, using the new Citrus Blooms stamp set and dies.  Every so often I come across a stamp set that inspires me to do a spot of Paper Tole'ing, and this one has lots of dimension to it perfect for this technique. To those of you who are saying "Paper Tole-what-ing?"  Paper Tole is a way of taking a picture and literally adding dimension by having several images of the same picture a and cutting out the various parts of it and laying them up, so the picture literally builds up and gives a 3D type image. I thought it would make a beautiful framed piece (and a nice gift for a friend) - let me know what you think.... I did team it up with the fabulous sayings from Unbounded Love Stamp set (the dies that go with this stamp set are a must have!)   Then to create shiny bits I've added some of the fine tip glue pen which dries shiny clear😍 I also said in the video I&

Something Saturday - Christmas Tree Box

 Hi there Creators,

Today I'm showing you how to create a little box with a Christmas Tree standing up on top of it, this is actually one of the projects my Craft@Home group have to create this month (if you would like more details about my Craft@Home group, just ask)

Stampin' Up!, 3D, boxes, Twinkling Lights dies

You could give a Christmas presy in this box, and then it can be stored to use as a decoration, the ribbon is a belly band around the box, so it will slide on and off, and the tree can be stored inside the box when it's been packed away

Stampin' Up!, 3D, boxes, Twinkling Lights dies

How to make this?  well...... you're going to need 

  • 3 (or more) symmetrical trees for the tree decoration, I've used Twinkling Lights Dies, you can also buy them as part of a bundle with a stamp set too (bundles give you a 10% discount) Christmas Lights Bundle. 😍
  • Something to colour your trees with, I used Garden Green, Pear Pizzazz and Shaded Spruce inks brushed on with a blending brush.  (Although I'm now thinking they'd look good cut from Designer Papers.)
  • An A5 sheet of real red card (21cm x 14.8cm) scored in on each side at 5cm.  This is the base of your box
  • A piece of Garden Green card (14.1cm x 8cm)  scored in on each side at 1.5cm, this is the lid of your box
  • 3 (or more if you're using more trees) 2.5cm x 1cm strips of Soft Suede
  • piece of wide ribbon, or strip of card that goes all the way round your box (although it won't store so well in the box)

 Ironically the first one I made, the tree stood up nicely, then the one in the video had complications, it could have something to do with trying a different glue!  I recommend Tombow rather than the fine tip glue pen that I tried out.

Anyway, make the box up, using the measurements above, wrap the ribbon round, and secure the ends together with tear & tape adhesive.  Cut out the trees and colour them up, then fold them in 1/2 coloured side on the inside of fold , add the small strips of soft suede to the bottom of them to create the tree trunks, make sure that the folds are in the same place with each, so when its all joined together and stands up they'll all be the same length.

then glue them back to back so they stand up as a little tripod tree.

Next you can glue the tree to the ribbon, if it really doesn't want to glue, you could add a stitch to it.

Then decorate up your tree 😊

Here are both boxes I made up:

Stampin' Up!, 3D, boxes, Twinkling Lights dies
And here is my second tree, that didn't want to stand up properly, I ended up adding brads to attach it down, then another piece of cardstock under it to give a bit more stability, although I'm not sure how well it'll pack away now 🤔
Stampin' Up!, 3D, boxes, Twinkling Lights dies

If you missed the video here it is:


I hope this inspires you to have go too 😊

God Bless love

Heather xox

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fancy Fold Arrow Card with Video

Celebration of Tags

Share it Sunday Blog Hop