Something Saturday - Citrus Blooms

Image
 Hi There Creators Today I thought it would be fun to try out a technique I haven't done in ages - Paper Tole, using the new Citrus Blooms stamp set and dies.  Every so often I come across a stamp set that inspires me to do a spot of Paper Tole'ing, and this one has lots of dimension to it perfect for this technique. To those of you who are saying "Paper Tole-what-ing?"  Paper Tole is a way of taking a picture and literally adding dimension by having several images of the same picture a and cutting out the various parts of it and laying them up, so the picture literally builds up and gives a 3D type image. I thought it would make a beautiful framed piece (and a nice gift for a friend) - let me know what you think.... I did team it up with the fabulous sayings from Unbounded Love Stamp set (the dies that go with this stamp set are a must have!)   Then to create shiny bits I've added some of the fine tip glue pen which dries shiny clear😍 I also said in the video I&

Something Saturday - Black Ice

Hi there Creators,

Today I'm showing off this Black Ice technique, all you need is silver foil cardstock, stazon black ink and a stamp set.

The basics of it is: stamp carefully onto the silver foil with Stazon Black ink (the stamp will tend to want to move slightly when you stamp on foil), allow to dry then drag the stazon ink pad across the foil card.   You end up with a sort of aged looking Sepia/Black & white image, I think it's really cool - let me know what you think 😃

Here is the card I made up before the video, I thought the Heron Habitat stamp set would look good with this technique, reminds me of old Chinese pictures, I ended up using the Heron Habitat bundle (dies and stamps) as I do love the gorgeous tags in it, and thought the long wave type die would look good on the side

Heron Habitat, Stampin' Up!, Black Ice technique

 

Then this piece of foil is the one I actually stamp up in the video, and this is how I made the card with it, there are actually 3 different foils in the Silver Foil Specialty Pack, there's a Brushed finish, Matte Finish and Mirrored Finish.  The one above is the mirrored finish, this card is the Matte finish.

Heron Habitat, Stampin' Up!, Black Ice technique

In the video there was one piece of foil (the brushed finish) that didn't go according to plan.  So I figured if life gives you lemons.... make lemonade 🤣, so here's what happened to that piece of foil card that got accidentally bent, after the ink rubbed off (it was not good! lol)  I figured seeing as it already had a crease mark I might as well give it more, then I wondered what it would look like if I heat embossed it with gold......  By the way, don't you just love the crispness of the stamped images?  They are called DistINKtive Stamps (it is trademarked to Stampin' Up!), and give a layered look within one stamp, still amazes me that a stamped image can look so amazing.

Heron Habitat, Stampin' Up!, Black Ice technique
Quite an interesting effect!  what do you think?  what I did was wiped the versamark over it once I'd creased it up, and dusted over the gold embossing powder, then brushed a heap off (or it would have been completely covered!), and heat set it
Heron Habitat, Stampin' Up!, Black Ice technique


If you missed out on seeing the video, here it is....

Let me know what you think (especially about whether my "oopsie" card worked)

I hope this inspires you to create

God Bless love

Heather xox

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fancy Fold Arrow Card with Video

Celebration of Tags

Share it Sunday Blog Hop