Something Saturday - Citrus Blooms

Image
 Hi There Creators Today I thought it would be fun to try out a technique I haven't done in ages - Paper Tole, using the new Citrus Blooms stamp set and dies.  Every so often I come across a stamp set that inspires me to do a spot of Paper Tole'ing, and this one has lots of dimension to it perfect for this technique. To those of you who are saying "Paper Tole-what-ing?"  Paper Tole is a way of taking a picture and literally adding dimension by having several images of the same picture a and cutting out the various parts of it and laying them up, so the picture literally builds up and gives a 3D type image. I thought it would make a beautiful framed piece (and a nice gift for a friend) - let me know what you think.... I did team it up with the fabulous sayings from Unbounded Love Stamp set (the dies that go with this stamp set are a must have!)   Then to create shiny bits I've added some of the fine tip glue pen which dries shiny clear😍 I also said in the video I&

Something Saturday - Faux Tiling

 Hi There Creators,

Well somewhere I saw someone had done Faux Tiling, and it kind of fascinated me, so I've been experimenting......

to begin with I wasn't impressed with the results and eventually I realised that it's because I like to see the grouting looking white, or at least, contrasting with the "tiles", so I discovered that if I added extra colour to the background it worked for me 😃  enter, Watercolour shapes stamp set, perfect to give a smidgen of colour!

Here are the 2 cards I completed before the video to show off the technique, I used the large rectangle watercolour shape for these. The top card uses Edens Garden, Jar of Flowers, and Charming Sentiments Stamp sets and the bottom card uses the Charming Sentiments, and Painted Poppies Stamp sets (along with the Watercolour Shapes)

Stampin' Up!, Faux Tile Technique

Then I also made this one, which I'm not so keen on, I used the circle watercolour shape for the background on this one, and moved onto Good Feelings Stamp set, and the Stitched Rectangle dies

 Stampin' Up!, Faux Tile Technique

I had made up the tiled part of this card before the video, I'm not sure if you can tell in the photo but I made the tiles shiny on this one (because although I know you can get matte tiles, it just seems wrong to me 🤣 I need the shine!)

Stampin' Up!, Faux Tile Technique

In the video I show making the tiled part of this card by scoring it at intervals (I went with 1.5 and 2.5 cm gaps, and showed how to make it shiny, very simply, just add some of the fine tip glue pen, and let it dry, it dries slightly raised and shiny.  I added some extra scored lines into the background to add a bit of interest to the card but not take away from the focal point.

Stampin' Up!, Faux Tile Technique

Stampin' Up!, Faux Tile Technique

It's funny I tried and tried to get this look which kind of reminds me of that blue china you can get, (threw out a few attempts) then eventually gave up, and lo and behold I happen to pick out Starry Sky in the video...... 

Word of warning when you are stamping, choose a stamp that has a lot of surface area, make sure the ink pad is not really wet, as otherwise it will fill in the "grouting" areas, and don't stamp heavily or for too long.  

If you missed the video here it is.....


 I hope this inspires you to have a go too.

God Bless love

Heather xox

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fancy Fold Arrow Card with Video

Celebration of Tags

Share it Sunday Blog Hop