Something Saturday - Cascading Pleated Fold Card

Image
 Hi There Creators, I promised when I was showing off my swap cards from OnStage that I'd work out how to create a couple of cards I received. So, here we go, I have discovered they're called Cascading Pleated Fold Cards! (good start) Here are my 2 cards I made using this technique, I figured I could have a go at both landscape and portrait cards. 😍 The first one is made using the absolutely gorgeous Meandering Meadows Designer Series Paper . It took a bit of cutting to get it right as I wanted each scene in front to echo the scene behind, but I think I got it! Then the card I made up in the video ended up like this, I've used the Bright & Beautiful Designer Series Paper (which is happily continuing onto the next catalogue!), and the Ice Cream Swirl Bundle (again continuing on)   Although Sam (Mr 13 year old) did ask what flavour ice-cream is that meant to be?  I said Chocolate & Boysenberry (Hummm, Ok Mum....) 🤣 Anyway on to the measurements.... I worked out that

GDP#266

 Hi There!

I did mean to blog this card a little earlier, so hopefully I'm not too late entering the Global Design Challenge #266 for it!

This time it's a Sketch Challenge, so I cut out all the pieces I wanted to use in Vanilla, then laid them out on my card, I kind of wanted to keep it simple, so hence I didn't back them with other colours, however I did dip the edges of my cardstock into the Cherry Cobbler ink pad.

here is my entry:

I have used the new Enjoy the Moment stamp set, which will be released in the upcoming Jan - June Mini Catalogue (sneak peek!).  
Stampin' Up! recently had "OnStage Online" which is usually an in-person conference, we usually receive a special bag/ stamp set and other goodies, this time it was an online conference, and they mailed out our goodie bag to us, this stamp set was in the bag!  And yes it was worth waiting for...lol
During the conference one of the presenters showed a really cool way to use the blends, creating the light blue shadow under things, so I thought I'd give it a go with this card too, I do love the way it looks!
I've used Old Olive for the green bits, with Cherry Cobbler (red bits) and Pool party for the shadow.  Oh and the seed/flower thingo's are daffodil delight, with Crumb cake.

This is the Sketch to use for our creations, which amazingly I've managed to stick to!
If you click on the sketch challenge photo, you can check out what others have created too.

I hope these inspire you to have a go too!

God Bless love

Heather xox

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fancy Fold Arrow Card with Video

Celebration of Tags

Share it Sunday Blog Hop