Something Saturday - Citrus Blooms

Image
 Hi There Creators Today I thought it would be fun to try out a technique I haven't done in ages - Paper Tole, using the new Citrus Blooms stamp set and dies.  Every so often I come across a stamp set that inspires me to do a spot of Paper Tole'ing, and this one has lots of dimension to it perfect for this technique. To those of you who are saying "Paper Tole-what-ing?"  Paper Tole is a way of taking a picture and literally adding dimension by having several images of the same picture a and cutting out the various parts of it and laying them up, so the picture literally builds up and gives a 3D type image. I thought it would make a beautiful framed piece (and a nice gift for a friend) - let me know what you think.... I did team it up with the fabulous sayings from Unbounded Love Stamp set (the dies that go with this stamp set are a must have!)   Then to create shiny bits I've added some of the fine tip glue pen which dries shiny clear😍 I also said in the video I&

Something Saturday - Brightest Beauty (Wattle next?....)

 Hi there Creators

I'm not sure if this set is specifically meant to be Wattle, but it sure looks like it!  Here in Australia (in case you're from a different part of the world)  the Wattle has been flowering beautifully out in the bush recently, here's one of the photos I took recently: (might have been good had I taken my phone out of it's red cover to take the photo, or even checked the photo after I took it! but I've never claimed to be a photographer, and didn't have my glasses with me - at least that's my excuse)

Anyway on to the cards.... Using the Brightest Beauty Bundle  I make up this card in the video, nice and simple just a bit of stamping, I thoroughly recommend using the Stamparatus to line up/position and stamp the yellow (fluffy bits) commonly called blossom 🤣  And I love using the linen thread with natural looking stamps.

Stampin' Up!, Brightest Beauty Bundle

After finishing the video I then made up these 2 cards:

This uses some of the pieces I had already cut out, and again the linen thread with a double bow, I love the background triangle pieces stamp 😍
Stampin' Up!, Brightest Beauty Bundle

And you can see the little yellow cut out pieces have debossing in them to give them that "fluffy" appearance.

Stampin' Up!, Brightest Beauty Bundle
Then I decided that actually it didn't need to be completely yellow, so thought I'd use up the last pieces of greenery with purple blossoms (and again the linen thread)  And how lovely is the tag for the saying? it also has a little bit of de-bossing texture at the top and bottom.


Stampin' Up!, Brightest Beauty Bundle

If you missed the video, here it is....


I hope this inspires you to purchase this bundle (from me 😉) 😀  I don't know if it'll make it into the next catalogue - here's hoping 🤞 so if it doesn't you only have potentially till 4th January. (you can click on the links above to check out what I used)

God Bless love

Heather xox

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fancy Fold Arrow Card with Video

Celebration of Tags

Share it Sunday Blog Hop