Something Saturday - Citrus Blooms

Image
 Hi There Creators Today I thought it would be fun to try out a technique I haven't done in ages - Paper Tole, using the new Citrus Blooms stamp set and dies.  Every so often I come across a stamp set that inspires me to do a spot of Paper Tole'ing, and this one has lots of dimension to it perfect for this technique. To those of you who are saying "Paper Tole-what-ing?"  Paper Tole is a way of taking a picture and literally adding dimension by having several images of the same picture a and cutting out the various parts of it and laying them up, so the picture literally builds up and gives a 3D type image. I thought it would make a beautiful framed piece (and a nice gift for a friend) - let me know what you think.... I did team it up with the fabulous sayings from Unbounded Love Stamp set (the dies that go with this stamp set are a must have!)   Then to create shiny bits I've added some of the fine tip glue pen which dries shiny clear😍 I also said in the video I&

Something Saturday - Cute & Easy Boxes

 Hi There Creators,

Today's video was showing you how you can create these ultra easy "sunny boy" boxes, so called after Sunny Boy flavoured frozen iceblock/drink things.  Before I arrived here in Australia (Tom - hubby said, Oh they were so good and only 10c each......)  probably not 10c anymore if they were still around 🤣

Anyway, they are so simple to make, my one recommendation with them is to make sure the join isn't going to end up on a fold, so when you squash flat the bottom, make sure the join isn't central, but to one side!

Here's what I created, my first one was with a sheet of A5 cardstock (14.8x 21cm)  I had stamped the fishes on it first using the "A Fish & a Wish Bundle".  Then rather than sealing up the top, I've cut slits using the Label Me Fancy Punch. and made up a ribbon handle.

This next box is using Designer Series Paper (this one, Artfully Composed -so gorgeous is retiring at the end of June) so currently it's reduced to $14 (from $20) Bargain!!  Anyway this box is made from 8" x 4" cardstock.
And this last long thin box is made from 6"x 6" card!

Really you can create them with any size of rectangular cardstock.  So if you haven't before, have a go!

I mention in my video they'd probably be a nice alternative to Christmas Crackers or if you're organising a game where people need an individual something secret (like charades)

Do check out the video showing you how to make them here:

 


I hope this inspires you to create

God Bless love

Heather xox

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fancy Fold Arrow Card with Video

Celebration of Tags

Share it Sunday Blog Hop