Something Saturday - Citrus Blooms

Image
 Hi There Creators Today I thought it would be fun to try out a technique I haven't done in ages - Paper Tole, using the new Citrus Blooms stamp set and dies.  Every so often I come across a stamp set that inspires me to do a spot of Paper Tole'ing, and this one has lots of dimension to it perfect for this technique. To those of you who are saying "Paper Tole-what-ing?"  Paper Tole is a way of taking a picture and literally adding dimension by having several images of the same picture a and cutting out the various parts of it and laying them up, so the picture literally builds up and gives a 3D type image. I thought it would make a beautiful framed piece (and a nice gift for a friend) - let me know what you think.... I did team it up with the fabulous sayings from Unbounded Love Stamp set (the dies that go with this stamp set are a must have!)   Then to create shiny bits I've added some of the fine tip glue pen which dries shiny clear😍 I also said in the video I&

Pokemon Ball Easel Card

 Hi Creators,

Well in this weeks Something Saturday I show you how to create a really easy (and simple) Pokemon Ball Easel card.  If you have someone in your life who's a Pokemon fan, they'll love this card!

I made one last month for one of Sam's friends (youngest son), and as he was so impressed with it I thought I'd better make one for him too.  Of course you can't do the same card twice, so his ties in another interest - Dinosaurs😃

Here's the first card I made for his friend:


 

I have to admit most of it was made with retired goodies (just as well I kept those dinos!)

Here's the finished card.....

Stampin' Up!, Pokemon Ball, Easel Card

Stampin' Up!, Pokemon Ball, Easel Card
As you can see, if it wasn't an easel card it would roll around and fall over (being a ball!),  I figured this was the perfect way to display the ball.

You can see I've added a small circle of card that I stamped grass onto, folded it in 1/2 and stuck it down.  I've then added some of the Matte dots which I thought were still current catalogue items, oops my bad, apparently they were from the Christmas catalogue, so in fact the only current items I've used are the cardstocks!🤣

Ah well just goes to show - that you should dig out your older stuff every now and then and use it (I haven't used the dinos for a couple of years or so)

The base card is really easy to make too, you need to cut out a circle from a folded card, but leave the top so it's joined, then you fold inwards a section on one side, and find something to stick in the middle of the unfolded side, then "prop" it up like an easel, and decorate the front of the card (the video explains better!)


 


I hope this inspires you to create!

God Bless love

Heather xox

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fancy Fold Arrow Card with Video

Celebration of Tags

Share it Sunday Blog Hop