Something Saturday - Citrus Blooms

Image
 Hi There Creators Today I thought it would be fun to try out a technique I haven't done in ages - Paper Tole, using the new Citrus Blooms stamp set and dies.  Every so often I come across a stamp set that inspires me to do a spot of Paper Tole'ing, and this one has lots of dimension to it perfect for this technique. To those of you who are saying "Paper Tole-what-ing?"  Paper Tole is a way of taking a picture and literally adding dimension by having several images of the same picture a and cutting out the various parts of it and laying them up, so the picture literally builds up and gives a 3D type image. I thought it would make a beautiful framed piece (and a nice gift for a friend) - let me know what you think.... I did team it up with the fabulous sayings from Unbounded Love Stamp set (the dies that go with this stamp set are a must have!)   Then to create shiny bits I've added some of the fine tip glue pen which dries shiny clear😍 I also said in the video I&

Cool Circle Card

 Hi there Creators

well I really didn't know what to call this card, so I just went with "cool circle"! 🤣 As I mention in the video, the church I go to has been using something similar to this on the big screen as a background for names and songs and I thought it was really cool, so figured I could re-create it on paper!

I made this mouse one up first, using the ultra cute Mischievous Mice Host stamp set (love this set, so worth either spending up big ($250) to be able to pick it for your host $'s or persuading a couple of others to pop an order in with you 😉  And remember till 16th March, Sale-a-Bration has been extended for us here in the South Pacific, so for every $90 you (or they) spend you get to pick out a FREE Sale-a-Bration product too! (bargain)

Stampin' Up!, Mischevious Mice
How cute is this little mouse?  to see what I've used to create this card click here: What Heather used.
Stampin' Up!, Back on your feet
I actually show this card with the Slough in the video, and I confess that I've owned this set for a few months now, but never actually used it, in fact I discovered that I hadn't even got round to mounting the stamps onto their stickers (oops!), however I'm happy to report that the stamps are all ready to go and have been christened!  To see what I used for this card, click here: What Heather Used

Anyway how do you create this background?

You'll need a base card (either white or vanilla), and a piece of card that will cover the front of the card

Next cut a circle into the spare piece of card (I used the layering circle dies)

Lay the piece with the hole cut out onto your card, and using the blending brushes, brush on 3 different colours until you're happy with the effect

remove the mask and add the circle over top of the circle, and again add colour from the edges of the card, I've gone with more concentration of colour on the edges of the card fading as it reaches the circle.

And that's it, just decorate now!

Check out my video here:


 

Have a go, it's really easy!

I hope this inspires you to create

God Bless love Heather xox
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fancy Fold Arrow Card with Video

Celebration of Tags

Share it Sunday Blog Hop