Something Saturday - Citrus Blooms

Image
 Hi There Creators Today I thought it would be fun to try out a technique I haven't done in ages - Paper Tole, using the new Citrus Blooms stamp set and dies.  Every so often I come across a stamp set that inspires me to do a spot of Paper Tole'ing, and this one has lots of dimension to it perfect for this technique. To those of you who are saying "Paper Tole-what-ing?"  Paper Tole is a way of taking a picture and literally adding dimension by having several images of the same picture a and cutting out the various parts of it and laying them up, so the picture literally builds up and gives a 3D type image. I thought it would make a beautiful framed piece (and a nice gift for a friend) - let me know what you think.... I did team it up with the fabulous sayings from Unbounded Love Stamp set (the dies that go with this stamp set are a must have!)   Then to create shiny bits I've added some of the fine tip glue pen which dries shiny clear😍 I also said in the video I&

Something Saturday - Reverse Stamping

 Hi there Creators

I thought I'd do a spot of reverse stamping this week, there's a really lovely stamp set: Elegantly Said, that has this cute little die that looks like 1/2 a butterfly, so if you know how to reverse stamp you can create the butterfly quite easily.  In the video I show creating the pink butterflies, I've then added the Pool Party Butterflies and the large flourish in the corners is also reverse stamped for the upper corner.  check out what I used here:  What Heather used

Stampin' Up!, Elegantly Said, Reverse Stamping

This next card uses the Boughs & Blossoms stamp set, the leaves only go in one direction and as it's not a photopolymer set I can't bend them in the other direction, so reverse stamping allows me to get them to wave their way across the page (they'd make a pretty good wreath I reckon if you kept stamping them round!)  check out what I used for this card here: What Heather Used

Stampin' Up!,  Reverse Stamping, Boughs & Blossoms

 Anyway, nitty gritty, how do you do this?  Easy peasy, stamp your main image 1/2 strength onto your base card (ie stamp off once before stamping on your card), this will give you a lighter image which will match your reverse stamped image.

Then take a piece of Cellophane, make sure your stamp is well inked and stamp really carefully onto the cellophane (make sure it doesn't move as you stamp or it will smudge the image)

Then turn the cellophane over and rub it down onto the card where you want the image to go, Voila reverse stamped image!

Check out my video here:


I hope this inspires you to create

God Bless love

Heather xox


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fancy Fold Arrow Card with Video

Celebration of Tags

Share it Sunday Blog Hop