Something Saturday - Citrus Blooms

Image
 Hi There Creators Today I thought it would be fun to try out a technique I haven't done in ages - Paper Tole, using the new Citrus Blooms stamp set and dies.  Every so often I come across a stamp set that inspires me to do a spot of Paper Tole'ing, and this one has lots of dimension to it perfect for this technique. To those of you who are saying "Paper Tole-what-ing?"  Paper Tole is a way of taking a picture and literally adding dimension by having several images of the same picture a and cutting out the various parts of it and laying them up, so the picture literally builds up and gives a 3D type image. I thought it would make a beautiful framed piece (and a nice gift for a friend) - let me know what you think.... I did team it up with the fabulous sayings from Unbounded Love Stamp set (the dies that go with this stamp set are a must have!)   Then to create shiny bits I've added some of the fine tip glue pen which dries shiny clear😍 I also said in the video I&

Blender Pens and how to use them

 Hi there Creators,

For my Something Saturday this week, I'm showing off Stampin' Up!'s blender pens (to view them click the link), they're really cool!  they have no colour at all, but you can pick up colour and then colour in your stamped images with them!

These are the cards I made after the video with the bits I made in the video☺

There are different ways to pick up the colour with the blender pens.  I show 5 in the video

The first I show, is to stamp in the colour you want to use, and use the blender pen to "pull" the colour from the edges into the image, the mouse in this card uses this technique.  

the second technique is on the pencil which is coloured using blender pen to pick up colour from the pastels, literally just wiping the blender pen across the pastel and colouring with it.

Both of these techniques give quite a nice soft look.

Next is picking up colour by squeezing my ink pad (while it's still closed) this gives you ink on the inside of the lid, and you can pick up the colour from this pool of ink , which is how I coloured in this card.  If you want the colour lighter, spread the ink around a little on the lid, and use that to colour in which is what I did with the main part of the cheese, for the holes I used the more concentrated colour

Another way is to use Stampin' Write Markers to colour on a clear block, then pick up the colour with your blender pen, which is how I coloured in this next mouse:
 

And the last (and my personal favourite) is to colour your image roughly with watercolour pencils, then use the blender pens to smooth out the colour, I did use this in the balloon above, but I love being able to combine colours, and blend them together with the blender pen, so I showed this one too in the video:  A little warning with the Blender Pens, Don't overwork the paper, as it will ball the paper, rather like using a felt tip pen repeatedly on paper, it will make the paper too wet and ball it up.

The Blender pens are 3 in a pack for only $21 so I think a bit of a bargain! The stamp sets I've used: the mouse one is called "Mischievous Mice", and will be available to host's only, in the new mini catalogue, from 4th January to 30th June.  You would need to either host a party with a minimum total order of $250, or place a $250 order, and pick it out in your host goodies. 

However the good news is that the first 2 months of the year also have Sale-a-Bration in them, so for every $90 you spend you get to pick a Sale-a-Bration item, there's stamp sets and designer papers - Bonus!!

The last set with the sunflower is from the stamp set Celebrate Sunflowers (click the link to view it)  and don't forget your accessories...!

I hope this inspires you to create too (and you get to create a bit over the Christmas time)

God Bless love

Heather xox

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fancy Fold Arrow Card with Video

Celebration of Tags

Share it Sunday Blog Hop