Something Saturday - Hooray for Honeycomb Kit

Image
 Hi there Creators, Today I thought we'd take a look at one of the new Kits that Stampin' Up! has brought out, it's really fun!, the name "honeycomb" kind of gives it away🤣 There are 9 cards to create, and it's a nice simple kit, would make an excellent gift for anyone who is thinking of starting off with card-making, there's no stamping involved - it's all "stick it together" and everything is included to do this.  At $32 it works out to $3.56 per card (which let's face it is pretty cheap for a card these days!) So here are the cards you can make (3 of each): Don't you just love the matching envelopes? The front of each card has clear embossed shiny bits on it (most obvious on the rainbow card at the top! with my photography) And there you have it, I haven't had the chance to play around and see what else I can create with this kit yet, so if you get it and do play around, let me know what you do! If you missed the video here it

What's New?

 

Hi there Creators, 

Today I'm joining a Crafty Collaborations hop, this is a group of Stampin' Up! demonstrators from all round the world, cool eh?   This particular blog hop is What's New? and open to our own interpretation.

Sitting out in my craft room I spied the True Love Designer Series Paper that arrived a few days ago, and decided on a spot of colouring in therapy, and the cards started from there.....

This Designer Series Paper is black and white, and has some great images to cut out (if you don't mind a bit of fussy cutting)

The first card I made with the paper was this one, I've cut the flowers out from one of the sheets of Designer Series Paper, and used Stampin' Blends to colour them in. With this first card I've also used one of the Gold Hoop embellishments which I haven't used before too, I have to say the metal ring is really quite sturdy
Stampin' Up!, True Love Dsigner Series Paper

you can see the Gold Hoop a little more clearly with this photo, I've used a bit of the Gorgeous Grape Sheer ribbon too, as it matched the Stampin' Blends I chose to colour with (Highland Heather and Rich Razzleberry)

 

The other card, I used Cherry Cobbler blends, it's such a lovely rich red! These flowers needed something to sit on, so I've used the Jar of Flowers Stamp set to create the shelf and the jar, the sayings for both cards are from the fabulous Many Messages Stamp (heaps of sayings on one stamp, then they cut out with a matching die)

Stampin' Up!, True Love Designer Series Paper

 

 Have you tried colouring with the Stampin' Blends? they're alcohol markers, so when you use them you can keep colouring till you get the right colour and they won't ball the paper.  These cards are really quite easy to make if you don't mind the colouring and the cutting (and after all colouring is meant to be therapeutic 😉)

I hope these inspire you to create!

God Bless love

Heather

Do check out what others have created, I love the inspiration!

Comments

  1. Gorgeous card, that flower looks amazing in that colour x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Vickie, I love the way the blends make the images pop!

      Delete
  2. Gorgeous cards. Colours are striking

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Great colouring, love these cards :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the deeply colored drama of this card duo!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! Great depth of color - nicely done!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! Two stunningly dramatic and beautiful cards!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous cards, thank you so much for sharing x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Fancy Fold Arrow Card with Video

Celebration of Tags

Share it Sunday Blog Hop