Class cards for October

Image
  Hi there Creators Class dates for October are:  Thursday 3rd in Laanecoorie at  7pm Saturday 5th in Maryborough at 10.30am , along with this session from 2-3pm is the Stampin' Up! World Card-Making Day Event, the church has said I can keep the hall for longer so we can watch (and join in) together.  If you plan to stay make sure you register with Stampin' Up! as there was mention of a gift after the event for everyone who registers!  Register here:  World Card-Making Day Event Tuesday 8th 1.30pm in Laanecoorie Make sure you let me know if you are planning to come! And here are the cards we'll be creating: First up 2 Christmas Cards, this one uses the Gold Mercury Vellum , which really pops well on the Cherry cobbler background, and I love this die cut from Peaceful Season Bundle (stamps & dies) Next up is the Peaceful Evergreens , how cool is the little bow? (there are dies that cut this out) and hopefully you can see the wink of stella on the inside tree piece and

Something Saturday - Diagonal Cut Card x 2

Hi there Creators,

I received a gorgeous card from Lee-Allan (one of my Stampin' Up! downline), and I loved the layout of it, so she gave me permission to "case" is Case stand for "Copy and Share Everything".

Before I get going, I forgot to mention in the video, there is an amazing joining special for the month of May, where you can get the usual $235 of goodies for $169, but ALSO you get the New In Colour: Ink Pads, Stampin' Write Markers, Designer Paper, and A4 papers I think it worked out to $124 of extra goodies for free!!  if you want to find out more let me know, or go here:  Join Heather's Team

Here is her card:  How gorgeous is this using the new Mediterranean Blooms Designer Series Paper?

Stampin' Up!, Mediterranean Blooms DSP

Having inspected it thoroughly (as you do), I decided actually if I'm making one, then it really needs to be 2 (which is possibly what you're meant to do!)  read on for my measurements.......

Then I did a trial run myself with some old retired Designer Paper (never to soon to start making Christmas Cards 🤣) also managed to use up some of my scraps I had lying around the desk!

Stampin' Up! Diagonal Cut card
then I embarked on the video, and decided to use this gorgeous Meandering Meadows Designer Series Paper  I did discover that it's best to cover up the join at the top and it doesn't look fabulous, having said that it doesn't take much to do so, and it does add a pretty "extra".
Stampin' Up! Meandering Meadows DSP, Diagonal cut card

Righty ho - on to measurements:

Base Card is A5 scored at 10.5cm and folded in 1/2 (which has a front of 10.5cm x 14.8cm)

Then the mat on top is 5mm shorter so: 10cm x 14.3cm (but don't attach this till you've added the DSP Designer Series Paper)

You'll need a piece of A6 (14.8cm x 10.5cm) to initially attach the DSP to.

DSP is cut to 13.8cm x 9.5cm then you put both pieces together and cut as shown in the photo below (just bear in mind you need 2 contrasting pieces of DSP) again retired DSP

Once you've got it cut take 3 matching pieces of DSP and add them to the colour you've chosen to "mat" them with, then cut them down, so there is a border, as shown:

stick it all together (the pieces with borders go on top of the other piece, and up on dimensionals)



 Hopefully that makes sense!

If you missed the video, here it it😃


I hope this inspires you to have a go too!

God Bless love

Heather xox

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Crafty Collaborations Sale-a-bration Blog Hop

Celebration of Tags

Share it Sunday Blog Hop