Something Saturday - Citrus Blooms

Image
 Hi There Creators Today I thought it would be fun to try out a technique I haven't done in ages - Paper Tole, using the new Citrus Blooms stamp set and dies.  Every so often I come across a stamp set that inspires me to do a spot of Paper Tole'ing, and this one has lots of dimension to it perfect for this technique. To those of you who are saying "Paper Tole-what-ing?"  Paper Tole is a way of taking a picture and literally adding dimension by having several images of the same picture a and cutting out the various parts of it and laying them up, so the picture literally builds up and gives a 3D type image. I thought it would make a beautiful framed piece (and a nice gift for a friend) - let me know what you think.... I did team it up with the fabulous sayings from Unbounded Love Stamp set (the dies that go with this stamp set are a must have!)   Then to create shiny bits I've added some of the fine tip glue pen which dries shiny clear😍 I also said in the video I&

Something Saturday - Using up Kit Scraps

 Hi there Creators

today I turn to scrap booking (very rare for me!), but I had some scrap pieces left over from last weeks kit after I'd pushed out the pieces I was using, and for some reason I felt they needed photos in the middle of them - or it could have been that I was going through a draw and discovered photos (from 8 years ago)  that I'd done nothing with🤣

One way or another I ended up doing a video to give you ideas as to how you could use them.😊  However as I didn't finish off the pages in the video, here they are for you to check out.....

In the video I create this blue piece with the 2 photos and white piece to write on

Stampin' Up!

Then this section with the heart and the 2 photos beside it was the other one I showed off in the video

I've also used the Fabulous Frames Dies on the bottom photos

 
This next middle section was a piece from the kit that I thought the small photos of the boys on the toboggans would look good in I used one of the Heart punches for the middle top photo and used the Alphabest bundle for the lettering.  Oh and as it was snow I couldn't resist using a wide strip of the beautiful Snowflake Specialty Vellum
Stampin' Up!

 

Again the Fabulous frames dies came into play with this next page, I've always thought the corners would look good on a scrap page.

 
And the last page is my usual scrap book style of shove as many photos as I can onto a page (I like the collage look!) but as I also wanted to show off a bit of the paper underneath I chose to write on a piece of vellum
Stampin' Up!


Now I just have to find a scrap book album to put them in - as I do this so rarely I have managed to lose it, and apparently Stampin' Up! no longer sell 12 x 12 scrapbooking albums or page protectors - just one of those things you never look for until you need it (oops!)  Maybe I should have stuck to the 8x6" album size that we do have!  Little late now.....

Anyway in case you missed the video, here it is....



I hope you've found this useful and it inspires you to do something with your left over scraps

God Bless love

Heather xox

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fancy Fold Arrow Card with Video

Celebration of Tags

Share it Sunday Blog Hop