Something Saturday - Citrus Blooms

Image
 Hi There Creators Today I thought it would be fun to try out a technique I haven't done in ages - Paper Tole, using the new Citrus Blooms stamp set and dies.  Every so often I come across a stamp set that inspires me to do a spot of Paper Tole'ing, and this one has lots of dimension to it perfect for this technique. To those of you who are saying "Paper Tole-what-ing?"  Paper Tole is a way of taking a picture and literally adding dimension by having several images of the same picture a and cutting out the various parts of it and laying them up, so the picture literally builds up and gives a 3D type image. I thought it would make a beautiful framed piece (and a nice gift for a friend) - let me know what you think.... I did team it up with the fabulous sayings from Unbounded Love Stamp set (the dies that go with this stamp set are a must have!)   Then to create shiny bits I've added some of the fine tip glue pen which dries shiny clear😍 I also said in the video I&

Something Saturday - Delicate Edges Dies

 Hi there Creators

Today I thought I'd show off these gorgeous Delicate Edges Dies (they were on my "must get" list) and I haven't been disappointed!  I thought I'd show case a couple of unusual ways of using them, so here goes......

In the video I show making your own stamps out of them, using them as masks and more.

This first card shows how I finished off the piece that I had masked back to back, makes such a pretty border!  I used the blending brushes to add the colour and I find it gets into the "cracks" easier than the daubers do.  I've used the Biggest Wish Stamp set for all these cards (such a handy stamp set!) And I couldn't resist using the Iridescent Rhinestone Basic Jewels, they just go with everything!

Delicate Edges Dies, Stampin' Up!
Next up I've used the 2 negative pieces from the die cut and coloured in between them - remarkably easy to do with this die!
Delicate Edges Dies, Stampin' Up!
and here's the actual piece that was cut out, I've used the fabulous Artistic Mix Decorative Masks for the background
Delicate Edges Dies, Stampin' Up!
And in case you're wondering where did she get that fluffy twine......  yep I've dismantled the White Frayed ribbon 🤣
Then lastly I've used the stamp I created with the die to make this card
Delicate Edges Dies, Stampin' Up!
The Birthday kind of got lost in the background so I've gone with gold embossing, which shows up way better in the "flesh"!  I've also added some of the Old Olive & Sahara Sand Twill Ribbon, I kind of figure it can be a "guy" card 😃

If you haven't seen the video, here it is....



I hope these inspire you to create

God Bless love

Heather xox




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fancy Fold Arrow Card with Video

Celebration of Tags

Share it Sunday Blog Hop