Something Saturday - Citrus Blooms

Image
 Hi There Creators Today I thought it would be fun to try out a technique I haven't done in ages - Paper Tole, using the new Citrus Blooms stamp set and dies.  Every so often I come across a stamp set that inspires me to do a spot of Paper Tole'ing, and this one has lots of dimension to it perfect for this technique. To those of you who are saying "Paper Tole-what-ing?"  Paper Tole is a way of taking a picture and literally adding dimension by having several images of the same picture a and cutting out the various parts of it and laying them up, so the picture literally builds up and gives a 3D type image. I thought it would make a beautiful framed piece (and a nice gift for a friend) - let me know what you think.... I did team it up with the fabulous sayings from Unbounded Love Stamp set (the dies that go with this stamp set are a must have!)   Then to create shiny bits I've added some of the fine tip glue pen which dries shiny clear😍 I also said in the video I&

Decorative Mask Wows

 Hi there,

its been a while since I put anything on here usually it would be my monthly class, but when we got locked down again, my Christmas In July class got moved, so now it's "Christmas in August" lol.  So I thought as today I had only done the background for the cards I was showing on my Something Saturday video (Facebook or Youtube), I should show you how the cards actually turned out.

As I mentioned in the video I've just received these Plenty of Patterns Decorative Masks, actually one of my fabulous customers ordered herself some and I couldn't resist adding some in for myself (at only $14 why not!)  In my defense, I had been eyeing up the geometric patterned one for some time! 

Here are the 4 cards all finished, then I'll move on to telling you what's been used on each.....

Decorative Masks, Stampin' Up!, Being CreateAble with Heather
I have to say the colours just pop!  I used Pumpkin Pie, Poppy Parade, Magenta Madness, and Soft Succulent.

the first card I created in the video was with the geometric design:

I kept them all very simple, but this one especially so as the colours are so vibrant, I don't think the photos do it justice, as I mentioned in the video I've taken the Many Happenings and Many Messages stamp sets and cut out with the matching Messages Dies, gives me heaps of different sayings, then I can mix and match them up with my cards and still have more left over for other cards (gotta love that!), On this saying I've added a couple of the beautiful 2021 -2023 In colour Jewels, which give the card a bit of sparkle (gotta have bling!)

 
The next card I show in the video is the Little flowers mask, I had planned to try and get the leaves in green and flowers in "flower colour" but that didn't work, and I'm again really pleased with the way it turned out, again the same colour combination, really packs a wow!, I've just let the colour speak for itself with the card, and added the sayings with again a couple of the 2021 -2023 In colour jewels
Decorative Masks, Stampin' Up!, Being CreateAble with Heather
The 3rd Card I made up was the one I think looks like mermaid scales, so I stuck to the Soft Succulent with the colour then got carried away adding Wink of Stella over the top, Oh my! in real life it sparkles...., I've also added 3 of the beautiful Opal rounds (got a bit of a soft spot for opals as my engagement ring has a Opal in it), and also some of the matching Soft Succulent ribbon down the side.
 
Decorative Masks, Stampin' Up!, Being CreateAble with Heather

then the last card has the larger design patterns, again the same colours, plus some of the Polished Pink ribbon which seems to go nicely with the Magenta Madness, and a couple of the Artistry Blooms Adhesive Backed Sequins, just in the centre of the 2 main patterns

Decorative Masks, Stampin' Up!, Being CreateAble with Heather

 And that's it!  remarkably simple cards to create, but really pack a punch (at least that's what I think)😀
What do you think?
I hope these inspire you to create.
God Bless love
Heather xox
 
 
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fancy Fold Arrow Card with Video

Celebration of Tags

Share it Sunday Blog Hop