Something Saturday - Hooray for Honeycomb Kit

Image
 Hi there Creators, Today I thought we'd take a look at one of the new Kits that Stampin' Up! has brought out, it's really fun!, the name "honeycomb" kind of gives it away🤣 There are 9 cards to create, and it's a nice simple kit, would make an excellent gift for anyone who is thinking of starting off with card-making, there's no stamping involved - it's all "stick it together" and everything is included to do this.  At $32 it works out to $3.56 per card (which let's face it is pretty cheap for a card these days!) So here are the cards you can make (3 of each): Don't you just love the matching envelopes? The front of each card has clear embossed shiny bits on it (most obvious on the rainbow card at the top! with my photography) And there you have it, I haven't had the chance to play around and see what else I can create with this kit yet, so if you get it and do play around, let me know what you do! If you missed the video here it

Gilded Leafing and ways to stick it!

 Hi there Creators

I showed this on my facebook page the other day, but I know not everyone is a fan of FB so I'm sharing it here for you too 😊

I've now uploaded the video to YouTube, which I'll include in this blog post, however a quick run down of what's in it.....

So when you first get your Gilded Leafing, you'll need a bigger pot to put it into and a sponge or brush to help wipe off the excess.  HOWEVER.... it is soooo worth it!

you can purchase Heat & Stick Powder which means you can turn your stamps into gilded images like this:

Gilded leafing, Stampin' Up!, Being CreateAble with Heather

you can pretty much use any glue to apply the gilded leafing, the next example I have is using the Tear & Tape Adhesive (ultra easy!)

Gilded leafing, Stampin' Up!, Being CreateAble with Heather

After that I've used the Adhesive sheeting: attached it to cardstock, then layered on my Fine Art Floral Designer Series Paper, then dunked into the gilded leafing

Gilded leafing, Stampin' Up!, Being CreateAble with Heather

I did use the Stampin' Seal and glue dots, which look great for a small embellishment!,  but haven't got round to making anything up with those samples yet, so then the other way I show in the video is using Tombow, and embossing cardstock through the Stampin' Cut and Emboss Machine, then, you can paint it on with an water painter, if you need to be precise with where it goes, dab it on with a sponge, if you're happy for it to be more random, or glue up a silicone mat, spread the glue out thinly and press the embossed card to the glue (you do have to be careful with this method, as otherwise glue goes everywhere and the gilded leafing in turn sticks everywhere lol)

I think this example was with the water painter!

Gilded leafing, Stampin' Up!, Being CreateAble with Heather

 And so for the video in case you still want to watch it

I hope you are inspired to have a go with the Gilded leafing it really does create such a beautiful effect on your cards!

God Bless love

Heather xox





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fancy Fold Arrow Card with Video

Celebration of Tags

Share it Sunday Blog Hop