Something Saturday - Cascading Pleated Fold Card

Image
 Hi There Creators, I promised when I was showing off my swap cards from OnStage that I'd work out how to create a couple of cards I received. So, here we go, I have discovered they're called Cascading Pleated Fold Cards! (good start) Here are my 2 cards I made using this technique, I figured I could have a go at both landscape and portrait cards. 😍 The first one is made using the absolutely gorgeous Meandering Meadows Designer Series Paper . It took a bit of cutting to get it right as I wanted each scene in front to echo the scene behind, but I think I got it! Then the card I made up in the video ended up like this, I've used the Bright & Beautiful Designer Series Paper (which is happily continuing onto the next catalogue!), and the Ice Cream Swirl Bundle (again continuing on)   Although Sam (Mr 13 year old) did ask what flavour ice-cream is that meant to be?  I said Chocolate & Boysenberry (Hummm, Ok Mum....) 🤣 Anyway on to the measurements.... I worked out that

Cute Pop-Open Box

 Hi there Creators,

I did a Facebook live video a couple of weeks ago on this cute pop open box, and thought I'd share it here for you too, I've finally got round to uploading it to YouTube today!

Here is the first box I made:

I've used the beautiful Hydrangea Hill designer series paper, then I made this one in the video

I had been scrolling around on the internet and found it but of course it was American and used imperial measurements not metric, so I've converted it to metric - specifically tailored to an A5 sheet.

 


This is my roughly written out instructions that I use, however just in case the markings aren't making enough sense.....

Take your sheet of A5 in landscape, and score it at 1cm and 10cm,

Then in portrait score it 2cm in one side and 2.5cm the other side

On the 2.5cm side you need to cut at 6cm and 16cm (only up to the 2.5cm scored line)

trim off the little bits as shown in the 1cm scored portion

Using a bone folder you'll need to score the diagonal lines then fold everything.  Attach the 1cm flap round to the other side of the box to form a flat tube, then push open the base, and attach it down to form the base of your box (you'll see what I mean in the video!)

The patterned paper I used 9.5cm square, find the 1/2 way mark at the bottom end, and cut from one top corner diagonally to the 1/2 way point, then repeat for the other side and attach it in  place.

Have fun and do show me what you make!

I hope this inspires you to have a go.

God Bless love

Heather xox

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fancy Fold Arrow Card with Video

Celebration of Tags

Share it Sunday Blog Hop