Something Saturday - Citrus Blooms

Image
 Hi There Creators Today I thought it would be fun to try out a technique I haven't done in ages - Paper Tole, using the new Citrus Blooms stamp set and dies.  Every so often I come across a stamp set that inspires me to do a spot of Paper Tole'ing, and this one has lots of dimension to it perfect for this technique. To those of you who are saying "Paper Tole-what-ing?"  Paper Tole is a way of taking a picture and literally adding dimension by having several images of the same picture a and cutting out the various parts of it and laying them up, so the picture literally builds up and gives a 3D type image. I thought it would make a beautiful framed piece (and a nice gift for a friend) - let me know what you think.... I did team it up with the fabulous sayings from Unbounded Love Stamp set (the dies that go with this stamp set are a must have!)   Then to create shiny bits I've added some of the fine tip glue pen which dries shiny clear😍 I also said in the video I&

Eastern Medallion Box & Card

Hi There Creators,
Turning my thoughts towards Picture to Page Show on the 16th & 17th March (oh my goodness this weekend!!), I thought I might make a 3D project (although it's not what I started making lol)

So, I was playing around with the Eastern Medallion thinlits, specifically the little 6 petaled flower, and having tried to do something else I suddenly thought how nice it would look if it was done in a row with maybe DSP underneath.  Still might look nice done that way, just didn't turn out that way lol
however it does look rather nice with Gold glimmer under it!  Anyway while I was making this card it occurred to me that a little box would look equally fabulous with these little flowers round the outside of it, drum roll........
And guess what? it does! although it's awfully hard to photograph, so I'll show you a couple of photos.
once I'd made the cute little round box, then I felt it needed a little cone shaped lid, I'm so chuffed with it 😊  One last photo....
you can kind of see with the underside of the lid to the box that it has a special piece that fits over the box, so the lid doesn't just slide off (did I mention I'm really chuffed with it? lol)

Ok well that's it from me, I'm not going to give you instructions for the box at the moment, as it really was just one of those things that gradually happened, and the card probably doesn't need instructions it's ridiculously simple, but let me know if you'd like instructions!

I hope it inspires you to create too!
God Bless love
Heather xox

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fancy Fold Arrow Card with Video

Celebration of Tags

Share it Sunday Blog Hop