Something Saturday - Hooray for Honeycomb Kit

Image
 Hi there Creators, Today I thought we'd take a look at one of the new Kits that Stampin' Up! has brought out, it's really fun!, the name "honeycomb" kind of gives it away🤣 There are 9 cards to create, and it's a nice simple kit, would make an excellent gift for anyone who is thinking of starting off with card-making, there's no stamping involved - it's all "stick it together" and everything is included to do this.  At $32 it works out to $3.56 per card (which let's face it is pretty cheap for a card these days!) So here are the cards you can make (3 of each): Don't you just love the matching envelopes? The front of each card has clear embossed shiny bits on it (most obvious on the rainbow card at the top! with my photography) And there you have it, I haven't had the chance to play around and see what else I can create with this kit yet, so if you get it and do play around, let me know what you do! If you missed the video here it

How Sweet It Is Designer Series Paper Cards

Hi Creators,
I've made a YouTube video on these 6 cards, and wanted to pop it in writing too, so here goes!

I wanted to show how you can take a Designer Series Paper pack add one stamp set and create a heap of cards quick and easily from it. (I used Birthday Cheer stamp set, which coincidentally has a fabulous die set to go with it!, and of course it comes as a bundle, so you can get 10% off it *yay, gotta love bundles*),

First up, cutting your cardstock, I've added white cardstock as my base card and a piece cut to 10.5cm x 7.4cm.   As I don't like to waste cardstock, you'll find that A4 cut in 1/2 creates A5 (14.8cm x 21cm). which you can fold in 1/2 at 10.5cm and create your base card. Then cut A5 in half (10.5x14.8), and in half again gives you the 10.5x7.4cm, and you have the perfect size for a focal piece for your card.

On to the cards I've used the How Sweet it is Designer Series Paper which will be available from tomorrow! in the new Occasions Catalogue.  It has some great images you can just cut out.  When I've made these cards, I've created the focal piece as a separate entity, then added it to the background - hopefully that makes sense!

I've taken my white focal piece, stamped the 2 sayings, and sponged round the edge, then taken the Designer Series Paper (I'll call it DSP) and the jar is cut from one of the sheets added to the middle of the white focal piece, this piece is now finished.  The pink background is DSP cut to 4x6", then a 1cm slice taken off the end to fit it onto your card.   (keep the slice as it's used in another card!)
Again I've decorated up my focal piece first, so this one I've stamped with the confetti type stamp all over, then added the saying, and sponged round the edge.  Then taking the DSP I've cut out the cupcake, sweeties and jelly beans, added them on.  And (you'll start to see a pattern forming here) the background DSP cut to 6x4", with 1cm trimmed off the end.
I think you'll be getting to grips with this by now but the white focal piece gets stamped first and sponged round the edge, then I've used one of the 1cm cut off strips to give the gumball machine something to "stand" on, again the gumball machine is cut out from the DSP, as are the jelly beans and teddy.  Again using the 6x4" DSP with 1cm cut off the end for the base stripy colour. (I really like these stripes!)
This one uses 2 of the 1cm strips, again cut out the jars from the DSP, sponge round the edge, I've stamped last with this one, so I knew how much room I had.
Definitely stamp the sayings first with this one! and sponge round the white focal piece, then fit the cut out pieces in, there are a few lollypops that are coming off the edge of the page, which is what I've used here, hence the top lollypop doesn't have much of a stick!
This one again stamp and sponge round the edge first, there is a cupcake which is half off the paper, I've used this to create the green scalloped layer on this cupcake.  When it comes to the 4x6" background I've just folded over a 1/2 cm at each end, and stuck it down, rather than cutting off the 1cm on this one.

In case you'd like to check out the video, here it is.......
thanks for reading this blog post, and I hope it has inspired you to dig out your DSP, and start creating with it.  If you'd like to purchase anything, these products will be available from the 3rd Jan, and if you haven't got your own catalogue and would like one, please let me know and I'll get one out to you!
Happy Stampin'
God Bless love
Heather xox




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fancy Fold Arrow Card with Video

Celebration of Tags

Share it Sunday Blog Hop