Something Saturday - Hooray for Honeycomb Kit

Image
 Hi there Creators, Today I thought we'd take a look at one of the new Kits that Stampin' Up! has brought out, it's really fun!, the name "honeycomb" kind of gives it away🤣 There are 9 cards to create, and it's a nice simple kit, would make an excellent gift for anyone who is thinking of starting off with card-making, there's no stamping involved - it's all "stick it together" and everything is included to do this.  At $32 it works out to $3.56 per card (which let's face it is pretty cheap for a card these days!) So here are the cards you can make (3 of each): Don't you just love the matching envelopes? The front of each card has clear embossed shiny bits on it (most obvious on the rainbow card at the top! with my photography) And there you have it, I haven't had the chance to play around and see what else I can create with this kit yet, so if you get it and do play around, let me know what you do! If you missed the video here it

All My Love #Simplestamping Challenge

Just makes you want to go Muwah!
Hi There Creators,
well today I'm showcasing the "All My Love Designer Series Paper" Oh it's so pretty!  I have made a determined effort that this year I'm going to actually use my DSP's (Designer Series Paper's) rather than just looking at them and admiring them lol (which seems to often happen)

So with this series of 5 cards I've managed to use a piece of each of the 6 papers - admittedly I've used what I consider to be the prettier side of each, although sometimes it's a hard choice!  Stampin' Up! are also doing a Simple Stamping challenge, which means that you try and take your stamping back to basics, by just using Stamps, Ink and Paper, and in this months challenge a punch too.  This month the theme is Valentines Day, which conveniently fits in nicely with these papers!

So onto the cards here they are all together, then I'll show you them individually:
 For the #simplestamping Challenge I have 2 cards that specifically stick to the parameters, one more that uses a bit of ribbon then the other 2 are more birthday cards 😊

So first up this one, which has used a piece of the DSP, and I've cut the hearts out of it, you probably (I hope) wouldn't know this but in this collage of hearts there's only 3 whole hearts! the rest are all parts and arranged to "underlap" the whole ones.  I've teamed it up with the "Forever Lovely" Stamp set
The other card that managed to stick to the parameters of the challenge is this one: I've stamped the background using the "Forever Lovely" stamp set then I've managed to use front and back of this DSP, using a strip of the DSP instead of ribbon, this one I've also used the Everyday Label punch for the saying, I've trimmed down the top and bottom of it, to give myself a narrower label, as it was taking up too much space on the card and covering some of that gorgeous DSP!
this is the 3rd card for the challenge although I have to admit this one did get ribbon added to it!, the ribbon is from the matching ribbon pack "All My Love Ribbon Combo Pack". And I have Wink of Stella'd a couple of the hearts.  The saying is again from Forever Lovely stamp set as well as the tiny tiny hearts with it, I've punched out one of the Everyday Label's from the Lovely Lipstick cardstock, cut this in 1/2 and layered it behind the saying (in case you're wondering how I got the coloured edging to it.)
On to the last 2 cards in this series:
Out of all the cards this one is probably my favourite, it's just so simple, again it uses both sides of the DSP, by using the back, as the strip across the card.  Don't the sayings fit nicely inside the Everyday Label punch?
And last but not least, this card uses 2 pieces of DSP (as I had the small square left over from something else, so I really felt like it needed to be used!) I've backed it with a square of Lovely Lipstick then Soft Sea Foam.  I've used the other ribbon from the "All My Love Ribbon Combo Pack" which is quite a thin ribbon, so I thought I could use it the way I'd use twine (what do you think - does it work?)
Well congratulations on reading on to the end of this post!

Just before you go, did you know that till 31st March is "Sale-a-Bration"?  what does this mean?  Oh I'm so glad you asked lol!  Well it means a few things:
  1. It means that for every $90 you spend on Stampin' Up! goodies, you'll be entitled to a FREE Sale-a-Bration item, there's stamp sets/ribbons/accessories/DSP (and all except the framelits) will be gone at the end of Sale-a-Bration
  2. If you've ever thought about hosting your own Stampin' Up! party if you have it now you'll end up with even more free stuff! when the orders go over $400 for your party you'll end up with an extra $40 of rewards (and let's face it your friends will want to order $90 to get free Sale-a-bration items!)
  3. Are there so many Stampin' Up! goodies that you want that a constant 20% discount would be handy?  Well now's the time to join Stampin' Up! During Sale-a-Bration you can pay $169 and receive $315 worth of goodies!! or option 2 is pay $210 and receive the same PLUS the amazing Craft&Carry exclusive tote bag (valued at $87)  and believe me it's really worth it, I love mine, you can fit so much into it, including the Stampin' Trimmer!
Any questions? let me know!
Well I hope these cards have inspired you to create!  let me know which is your favourite!

Happy Stampin'
God Bless Love
Heather xox

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fancy Fold Arrow Card with Video

Celebration of Tags

Share it Sunday Blog Hop