Something Saturday - Hooray for Honeycomb Kit

Image
 Hi there Creators, Today I thought we'd take a look at one of the new Kits that Stampin' Up! has brought out, it's really fun!, the name "honeycomb" kind of gives it away🤣 There are 9 cards to create, and it's a nice simple kit, would make an excellent gift for anyone who is thinking of starting off with card-making, there's no stamping involved - it's all "stick it together" and everything is included to do this.  At $32 it works out to $3.56 per card (which let's face it is pretty cheap for a card these days!) So here are the cards you can make (3 of each): Don't you just love the matching envelopes? The front of each card has clear embossed shiny bits on it (most obvious on the rainbow card at the top! with my photography) And there you have it, I haven't had the chance to play around and see what else I can create with this kit yet, so if you get it and do play around, let me know what you do! If you missed the video here it

A baby card

Hi there,
Well I was asked to create a baby card for the bus drivers daughter who's due soon, and after a bit of thought I had an idea what I'd like.  My thought was that I'd like to create a little chest of drawers in a corner nook of a room, with the teddy from Baby Bear sitting on top, and a few toys at the foot of the chest.  I'll admit I did my usual, I'll use this set......, then to realise that the set retired, and Oh no did I sell it?  I'm relieved to say that even though it was in the sales box, it hadn't sold, so Bookcase Builder Stamp set lives to see another day in my craft room! lol

On to the photos of the card...  here's the teddy from Baby Bear Stamp set, I cut him out so I could have him a little way from the wall, I made a little blanket using the Basket Weave Dynamic Embossing folder, and have "fringed" the ends of it. (so pleased with the way it turned out!) I wanted the little photo frame and baby bottle sitting up on the top of the chest, so I've used a small piece of window sheeting folded in the middle to sort it out.
As I mentioned, the teddy I wanted sitting on top of the chest of drawers, so......
 I thought what would be better than wooden chest of drawers? so to the rescue Wood Textures Designer Series Paper!  Of course when I showed it to the kids they tried to open the drawers lol (mum's not that clever!), or especially when I wanted the whole thing to lie flat to go in the envelope!, and this is how it flattens, the top of the chest of drawers and the teddy move up and one of the sides tucks back, the rest flattens down!
 Yea! card accomplished and the bus driver was thrilled with it.  I used some of the lovely wording from the Baby Bear stamp set,  "Welcome to the World", "to have and to hold from this day forward" and "Hello Baby...."

Let me know what you think, would you like to make one of these?
I hope this inspires you to create!
God Bless love
Heather xox


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fancy Fold Arrow Card with Video

Celebration of Tags

Share it Sunday Blog Hop