Something Saturday - Hooray for Honeycomb Kit

Image
 Hi there Creators, Today I thought we'd take a look at one of the new Kits that Stampin' Up! has brought out, it's really fun!, the name "honeycomb" kind of gives it away🤣 There are 9 cards to create, and it's a nice simple kit, would make an excellent gift for anyone who is thinking of starting off with card-making, there's no stamping involved - it's all "stick it together" and everything is included to do this.  At $32 it works out to $3.56 per card (which let's face it is pretty cheap for a card these days!) So here are the cards you can make (3 of each): Don't you just love the matching envelopes? The front of each card has clear embossed shiny bits on it (most obvious on the rainbow card at the top! with my photography) And there you have it, I haven't had the chance to play around and see what else I can create with this kit yet, so if you get it and do play around, let me know what you do! If you missed the video here it

CreateAbles Team Day May 2018

Hi There,

We had our CreateAbles team day on Saturday, and had so much fun, I thought I'd share some photos with you all :)

Our day started with "Yours Truly" giving a motivational talk for my team (which thankfully seemed to go down well!) 
Then we moved onto Rosalie Fitzmaurice from RJ Papercrafts doing a demo for us on the new Make a Difference Alphabet set, which is a beautiful set, and she did a fabulous job demoing it to us.

Next we moved onto our Make & Takes for the day, Jenny Stewart had made this beautiful creation for us (at least this was my interpretation of it, as we were allowed various stamp sets)

gotta love this "Share What You Love Designer Series Paper", and the beautiful Pearlised Doilies!

Next Up Renee Mallia from Crafty Nay's Cards shared this fabulous Creation using the Sea of Textures Stamp set and the Under the Sea framelits:
 and this is the inside it's so cool! called an explosion card (kind of like a tardis, small on the outside, but when you get in, ta da!....... lol)
I did feel mine paled into insignificance a bit beside theirs! however with my card I did get the girls using the Stamparatus, which some hadn't played with before.  They had a choice of 2 cards, (same, same but different lol)

These 2 use the rather lovely embossing dies from Nature's Roots framelits, trees and sayings from the Rooted in Nature Stamp set, and the cards themselves are also new! they are the Delightfully Detailed Notecards and envelopes, I just think they're great having the already watercoloured look to them! (gee 1/2 the jobs done already!)

After Lunch we moved onto a fabulous demo by Cindy extolling the virtues of the kits (and there are many) I think she's sold me on the new Calligraphy Essentials Project kit lol, it looks soooo much better in real life than on the pages of the catalogue! (which to be honest is probably true about all the kits!).
I did a quick (very quick) demo showing the Pulled String technique - Oh my goodness it's soooo cool! just as a quick "how do you do it", Ink up a piece of string (I used Stampin' Up! twine, and reinkers) then lay it down in a squiggly line on one piece of card with a small piece coming out of the bottom, lay another piece of card over the top, put your hand over the ends, and pull the string out, and voila.....

lastly we made up colour swatches for all the new colours and all the the revised Colour Collections (we managed to get a bit of a production line going with some punching some tying and some writing) 

All in all it was a fabulous day lovely to get together with some of the team members from far flung places who normally can't make it, and here we all are with our new catalogues, only a few days left till it goes live on 1st June!
If you have been thinking about joining Stampin' Up! and my CreateAbles team, do so soon as the next event that most of my team will be off to is the official OnStage Stampin' Up! event in November in Melbourne, I think the date to book is 14th August, and you'll want to have got the hang of it all by then! as the booking window is usually very short before it's all sold out.  Can't wait!!

I hope this has inspired you to create (and maybe think of joining my growing team)
God Bless love
Heather

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fancy Fold Arrow Card with Video

Celebration of Tags

Share it Sunday Blog Hop