Something Saturday - Hooray for Honeycomb Kit

Image
 Hi there Creators, Today I thought we'd take a look at one of the new Kits that Stampin' Up! has brought out, it's really fun!, the name "honeycomb" kind of gives it away🤣 There are 9 cards to create, and it's a nice simple kit, would make an excellent gift for anyone who is thinking of starting off with card-making, there's no stamping involved - it's all "stick it together" and everything is included to do this.  At $32 it works out to $3.56 per card (which let's face it is pretty cheap for a card these days!) So here are the cards you can make (3 of each): Don't you just love the matching envelopes? The front of each card has clear embossed shiny bits on it (most obvious on the rainbow card at the top! with my photography) And there you have it, I haven't had the chance to play around and see what else I can create with this kit yet, so if you get it and do play around, let me know what you do! If you missed the video here it

Fancy Fold Dangly Card

Hi there Creators, 

Today we're looking at a fancy fold card, that I really don't know if I've seen it somewhere, but I do know I went to make something completely different and this is what happened......🤣

Here are the cards I've made: (measurements as promised in the video, below)

This is the first card I made up you can see the dangly "Happy Birthday" in the middle.

An aerial view....

And the card I made in the video

On to the measurements:

You'll need a sheet of A4 cardstock, some designer paper and another coloured card to mat the designer paper, 2 bits of twine around 13cm each, 2 stamped sayings and a punch or die to cut them out to an appropriate size.

  • cut the A4 card down to A5, and fold in 1/2 at 10.5cm, then fold both sides back (at 5.25cm), so it looks like both cards are concertina'd (top card I used Smoky Slate, bottom card Very Vanilla)
  • Take one of these and cut the smallest circle into the middle of it I've used the Deckled Circles Dies numbers 7, 8 and 9 (from the middle out)
  • cut the largest circle (9) from the "mat" card
  • cut the middle circle from designer paper
  • cut 4 pieces of "mat" card to 4.5cm x 14cm (top card I used Misty Moonlight, bottom card is Gold foil sheets)
  • cut 4 pieces of Designer paper to 1 1/2" x 5 1/4" (top card I used Countryside Inn, bottom card Shining Brightly Specialty Designer Series Paper
  • Oh and I used the Simply Elegant Trim for the twine bit, such handy stringy stuff! 🤣

If you missed the video, here it is:


 I hope this inspires you to create, and let me know if you have a go!

God Bless love

Heather xox

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fancy Fold Arrow Card with Video

Celebration of Tags

Share it Sunday Blog Hop