Something Saturday - Citrus Blooms

Image
 Hi There Creators Today I thought it would be fun to try out a technique I haven't done in ages - Paper Tole, using the new Citrus Blooms stamp set and dies.  Every so often I come across a stamp set that inspires me to do a spot of Paper Tole'ing, and this one has lots of dimension to it perfect for this technique. To those of you who are saying "Paper Tole-what-ing?"  Paper Tole is a way of taking a picture and literally adding dimension by having several images of the same picture a and cutting out the various parts of it and laying them up, so the picture literally builds up and gives a 3D type image. I thought it would make a beautiful framed piece (and a nice gift for a friend) - let me know what you think.... I did team it up with the fabulous sayings from Unbounded Love Stamp set (the dies that go with this stamp set are a must have!)   Then to create shiny bits I've added some of the fine tip glue pen which dries shiny clear😍 I also said in the video I&

Stamped Heat De-bossing (Something Saturday)

 Hi There Creators,

This week my "Something Saturday" video was on Stamped Heat De-bossing, I'm not sure if it's called this but I can't think what else to call it!

This is it, there's no ink used in the saying, just heat embossing powder and a stamp.

Stampin' Up!, Perfectly Plaid stamps, Being CreateAble with Heather

 I think it creates a really cool look.

These are the finished cards the top card is the one I actually make in the video

:Stampin' Up!, Perfectly Plaid stamps, Being CreateAble with Heather

Now that I'm looking at them on here, I'm thinking it would make a really cool tag to hang on a Christmas Stocking!  They kind of end up looking a bit like dog tags!  Or even on a scrapbook layout it would look really great!
Stampin' Up!, Perfectly Plaid stamps, Being CreateAble with Heather

Anyway I'm sure if you haven't viewed the video that you're wondering how I've done this.

It's actually quite simple if you know how to heat emboss!

Take your piece of card, wipe it over with your Versamark ink pad, then cover it with heat embossing powder, and heat emboss it.

Then repeat the process so (in my case) the Gold or Copper gets thicker, I've done mine 3 times, then on the last time you need the stamp ready and waiting, while the melted embossing powder is still hot, press the stamp into it firmly.  If you find that you've ended up with a partial image, heat it up again till the stamped bit "melts out" and try again.  I'm not sure how many times you can re-heat it before the embossing powder doesn't like you, but I did have to do this once in the video!

Let me know if you have a go!  I'm putting a link below to all the products I used making these cards, and don't forget until 30th September (not long now) for every $90 you order you do get to pick a FREE Sale-a-Bration product! (bargain!) 

ALSO  if you love everything (like me) and want heaps more, why not join my team?  You get to pick $235 of goodies, only pay $169 PLUS until 30th September you get to pick a free bundle from the mini catalogue, then you get an ongoing 20% discount rising to 25% after a certain amount of rolling "sales"  (I joined for the discount 13 years ago.....lol)  Check out this link:  

JOIN MY TEAM THE CREATEABLES

WHAT HEATHER USED TO MAKE THESE CARDS

I hope this has inspired you to have a go, and have fun with your cardmaking and scrapbooking!

God Bless love

Heather xox

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fancy Fold Arrow Card with Video

Celebration of Tags

Share it Sunday Blog Hop