Something Saturday - Hooray for Honeycomb Kit

Image
 Hi there Creators, Today I thought we'd take a look at one of the new Kits that Stampin' Up! has brought out, it's really fun!, the name "honeycomb" kind of gives it away🤣 There are 9 cards to create, and it's a nice simple kit, would make an excellent gift for anyone who is thinking of starting off with card-making, there's no stamping involved - it's all "stick it together" and everything is included to do this.  At $32 it works out to $3.56 per card (which let's face it is pretty cheap for a card these days!) So here are the cards you can make (3 of each): Don't you just love the matching envelopes? The front of each card has clear embossed shiny bits on it (most obvious on the rainbow card at the top! with my photography) And there you have it, I haven't had the chance to play around and see what else I can create with this kit yet, so if you get it and do play around, let me know what you do! If you missed the video here it

Roll Up Box

 Hi there Creators

Well this morning I did my Facebook live video on a little roll up box, it's so cute!  I said I'd share the measurements etc with you on a blog post, so here it is.......

but first some photos to whet your appetite 😊


 

Now for the measurements......

Take your A4 piece of card I used the Stampin' Up! Basic White Thick Card, as it's nice and strong, and score lengthwise at 4.95cm (just a fraction before the 5cm mark)  I actually made a quick mark on my Paper Cutter as just about all the measurements are this)  move it along and score it at the next 4.95cm (ie 9.9cm), move it along again and cut it off at the next 4.95cm mark (ie 14.85cm).

Turn the card stock and score 4.95cm, move along and repeat (should be 9.9cm) then I recommend you turn the card stock around and repeat from the other side don't do what I did in the video! - let me make the mistakes for you lol

Next cut the "flaps"  check out the rough diagram below;


 Once this is done you'll need Designer series paper cut to: 24 squares of 4.5cm and 4 rectangles of 4.5cm x 9cm, stick them into the appropriate places.

Then move onto the lid:  this is 12cm x 7cm, then 1cm scored all the way round, then cut the flaps, again see diagram below:  stick the little corner flaps in behind the end flaps to create your lid, and attach another piece of 4.5cm x 9cm Designer Series Paper onto it.


Fingers crossed your lid should now fit snugly onto your box, now you can have fun rolling your box up and down 😀

And in case you missed it here is the video:


 

I hope you have a go at this, let me know how you go, if you do check out my Facebook page, then please share what you make, I do love to see you're creations too! (or you can email them to me too)

Don't forget till the end of Feb for every $90 of goodies you order you can pick one of the Sale-a-bration items for free (the paper I used in the video is one of the items).

I hope this inspires you to create

God Bless love

Heather xox

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fancy Fold Arrow Card with Video

Celebration of Tags

Share it Sunday Blog Hop