Something Saturday - Citrus Blooms

Image
 Hi There Creators Today I thought it would be fun to try out a technique I haven't done in ages - Paper Tole, using the new Citrus Blooms stamp set and dies.  Every so often I come across a stamp set that inspires me to do a spot of Paper Tole'ing, and this one has lots of dimension to it perfect for this technique. To those of you who are saying "Paper Tole-what-ing?"  Paper Tole is a way of taking a picture and literally adding dimension by having several images of the same picture a and cutting out the various parts of it and laying them up, so the picture literally builds up and gives a 3D type image. I thought it would make a beautiful framed piece (and a nice gift for a friend) - let me know what you think.... I did team it up with the fabulous sayings from Unbounded Love Stamp set (the dies that go with this stamp set are a must have!)   Then to create shiny bits I've added some of the fine tip glue pen which dries shiny clear😍 I also said in the video I&

Game On Stamp Set

Hi There Creative Peeps,
I had to get this set "Game On", as my oldest son plays cards, chess and generally likes board type games (the other 2 are more of the camouflage sort, as in yesterday's post).
I'm actually quite enjoying having time to create some cards that I wouldn't be able to teach (sorry!)
this first one was a bit of a challenge colouring the stamp in with the red and black as it's quite hard to see the image properly on the stamp, and I really wanted the colours to be more realistic, however after a bit of wet wipes I got there! and here's the result
Game On Stamps, Ridiculously Awesome Stamps,  In Good Taste Designer Series Paper
did you notice the little club in the right hand corner?, I kind of wish they'd added a little diamond, heart and spade too!  the saying is from "Ridiculously Awesome", another one of those nice large saying's sets, and the patterned paper behind is from "In Good Taste Designer Series Paper"

Next up I had an idea for the chess pieces.  I wanted to put them onto a chess board, but I knew it would need a bit of perspective, I think I achieved it, and the family seemed to think so too!, what do you reckon?  the saying is also from Game On, and fabulously it fits inside the Classic Label Punch, yay!  Again I've used the In Good Taste Designer Series paper.
Game On Stamps, In Good Taste Designer Series Paper

And lastly the dice! I really wanted to show them tumbling out, but as they have shadow underneath them the only way I could do this was to cut them individually, I'm actually looking at the picture now and thinking maybe I need to manually add shadow to the ones I cut out!  Again the saying is from the Game On stamp set, and the background paper is In Good Taste Designer Series Paper
Game On Stamps, In Good Taste Designer Series Paper
All in all I'm pretty chuffed with these cards I've created, what do you think?

I hope they inspire you to have a think with your stamp sets and work out what you want to see them doing on the paper for you (if that makes sense?!)
God Bless love
Heather xox

Comments

  1. How did you get the chess pieces onto the chess board?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, I stamped the chess pieces first, then drew the chess board around them

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Fancy Fold Arrow Card with Video

Celebration of Tags

Share it Sunday Blog Hop